moderator question

got a moderator for one of my 22 rimfires today and was asked is it for an air rifle or a rimfire? I asked why and was told if its for a rimfire it needs to go on your fac but if its for an air rifle no paper work is required.

Is this true?

What if I want to upgrade a moderator for one of my rimfires but have no space on my fac. could i just say its for an air rifle then use it on my rimfire, then take the old moderator that i had on rimfire and say it is for use on my air rifle.

Hope you understand what im getting at.

i see what your getting at and thats a risk i probably wouldnt take seeing as a bloke in the next village over just got bent over and shafted by the police for having an unproofed moddy on his rimfire and not having the slot on his fac

Nothing says they have to be proofed, so I can only think it was for not having it on his ticket. The whole thing is a farce though as there are no serial numbers on my suppressors anyway to link them with the ticket.

Some suppressors though, obviously are only made for air rifles, and others are only suitable for rimfires

i see what your getting at and thats a risk i probably wouldnt take seeing as a bloke in the next village over just got bent over and shafted by the police for having an unproofed moddy on his rimfire and not having the slot on his fac

Nothing says they have to be proofed, so I can only think it was for not having it on his ticket. The whole thing is a farce though as there are no serial numbers on my suppressors anyway to link them with the ticket.

Some suppressors though, obviously are only made for air rifles, and others are only suitable for rimfires

Speaking to an inspector about this very subject. Having to get a variation to get suppressors for three rifles. He said that they were sick of the whole thing. The suppressor has no serial number, you cannot use it without a firearm, if you have a ticket for a firearm what is the problem?

More of the stupidity and madness that is UK Firearms legislation.

on my ticket i have a slot for a 22.rimfire mod and an FAC air rifle Mod ? not sure what the difference is between an FAC air and a non FAC air is TBH?

There isn't really any difference physically but in order for you to hold one you need to have a slot on your ticket. The daft thing is you can buy a mod and fit it to your non fac air rifle, but it needs to be on your ticket if you wish to fit it to your FAC Air rifle. However if a mod is designed for a rimfire or center fire rifle. you can legally own it as long as you don't hold an FAC, but as soon as you are granted an FAC the mod then becomes section 1 and has to be on your ticket. Welcome to the crazy world of firearms licensing. :D

got a moderator for one of my 22 rimfires today and was asked is it for an air rifle or a rimfire? I asked why and was told if its for a rimfire it needs to go on your fac but if its for an air rifle no paper work is required.

Is this true?

What if I want to upgrade a moderator for one of my rimfires but have no space on my fac. could i just say its for an air rifle then use it on my rimfire, then take the old moderator that i had on rimfire and say it is for use on my air rifle.

Hope you understand what im getting at.

its that easy :yes: