Football/Other Sport Section

Any chance of a dedicated section for football and other sports?

I write as someone who is less than fond of football, and the fanatics that follow it.

More and more of the forum seems to be getting choked up with football related threads, and while I understand that it's the be all and end all of some folks lives, the rest of us don't really need to see it.

A dedicated area (a bit like an asylum) would keep the chavball fans happy and mean that the rest of us didn't have to see the crap.

at the end of day its called general talk for a reason ,their other treads that other op but up ,you read the title if dosen,t intrest you then move on ,no1 forces [NO TEXT TALK] 2 read these football treads ,r.docks you seem canny bloke but you up their with the top 5 moaners on this site :yes::laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

• Like 2

I'm not suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to discuss issues that are important to them, even if it is just football; but that there should be a dedicated area for it.

For example; we have a dedicated area for falconry on the forum. Falconry does nothing for me, and I rarely (if ever) look in there, does that make sense?

It would just be alot easier to ignore if it was in it's own area. It would also mean that interesting topics didn't get buried under the plague of threads about Celtic United or whatever they're called.

And yes Rocky, I know that a few folks think I'm a moaner. Do I care? No.

I'm not suggesting that people shouldn't be allowed to discuss issues that are important to them, even if it is just football; but that there should be a dedicated area for it.

For example; we have a dedicated area for falconry on the forum. Falconry does nothing for me, and I rarely (if ever) look in there, does that make sense?

It would just be alot easier to ignore if it was in it's own area. It would also mean that interesting topics didn't get buried under the plague of threads about Celtic United or whatever they're called.

And yes Rocky, I know that a few folks think I'm a moaner. Do I care? No.

yea i know what you mean about other sections i,m the same carn,t keep away from the crafts section moment more going on in their then in the lurcher section :laugh: but if you keep moaning eventual ian b and the other mods will have 2 take notice and do somthink about it :whistling: or banned you :laugh: