New wee pup

He was a hell of a good dog IMO, I was keepering at the time when he was in his prime, so he saw some heap of game and vermin on a daily basis. He is a real thinking dog seen him do so pretty unbelieveable things. Never had him on the fens mostly North Northumberland, he had the knack of staying with his hare through cover, woods, whatever. Many at time friends woulds says thats away only for him to come back with it in his mouth. He took 7 hunted up during at keepers day. He damaged a toe irreparably at 5 years old and was never right afterwards :( .

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MH, thats is is smart looking beast you have there.

Whister I missed you at the show, was hoping to have a chat, parrot came down with me and macker.

Frank am I hearing that you got rid of whippet?

FRANKS WHIPPET IS DEAD I L......YOU REALLY WANT TO GET THINGS FIRST HAND INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO GOSSIP..... :yes:

Gossip SD?? I asked a question, relax. Only way to get things first hand is to ask the person who owns the dog, hence the question to frank, do you have a problem with that, anyway I asked frank not you.

Sorry to hear that Frank, wat happened.

Guest Frank

She was Poisend IL. :( The vet could not be sure if it was rat poison, or something else.

Im looking into it anyhow. Hopefully, ill get to the bottom of it.

Frank.

Guest freestate hunter cfc

had a dog one time and after a days hunting the dog didnt look right,i thought he had just a hard days hunting,the next day he was in a very bad shape so i brought him to the vets.He said the dog was poisoned so he was put to sleep,it turned out that during that day along the side of the road there was part of a dead chicken that the farmer had poisoned for the foxes and the dog must have been at it,the fox must have had it an droped it there curled up in a ball and died what a death....

Guest Frank
had a dog one time and after a days hunting the dog didnt look right,i thought he had just a hard days hunting,the next day he was in a very bad shape so i brought him to the vets.He said the dog was poisoned so he was put to sleep,it turned out that during that day along the side of the road there was part of a dead chicken that the farmer had poisoned for the foxes and the dog must have been at it,the fox must have had it an droped it there curled up in a ball and died what a death....

Its not a good death thats for sure. :no: I did not like to see her suffer like that ither.

O well, life goes on. ;)

Frank.

Bad craic that, tell ya wat, one or two of your lads looked ready to curl up and die on sunday. :laugh: