Need advice

I am new to this forum ,i love hunting and guns ,been hunting for 21 years ,started hunting with my dad at young age ,hunted with the shot gun ,but over the years passed due to population growths cant use the shot gun for hunting ,now i hunt mostly with airguns and use shot gun only for water fowl hunting,in my region only spring air guns are available mostly Diana as best so i have mod 35 T05 ,mod 45 t01,mod 36 t01,mod 56th t06 and a gamo whisper x .Now two guns are on my wish list to import a pcp over 1000fps and a .223 rifle .as i don't have first hand knowledge on pcp airguns ,help me out choosing best one ,my reason for getting pcp is less weight and more power for hunting,plus don't have to load after every shot..hoping to learn a lot from you guys and will share my experience as well.(there is no source of filling a scuba tank in my area)

Attached Thumbnails

• post-70487-0-79289400-1329597384.jpg
  • post-70487-0-22309500-1329597482_thumb.jpg

OK so where are you - which sub continent?

WHY 1000fps? You would do well to go .22 at that kind of velocity. Have a look at theTheoben Rapid - if you are out in the boonies, the Rapid is very rugged, very reliable, very simple and so easy to fix. You would get close to 1000fps but to get a decent number of shots you would need a 400cc bottle at least (1000fps is 40ft-lbs or more).

I have a Rapid 20 and the best velocity for that is around the 875 mark. Once you go over the accuracy falls off. Accuracy is more important than power. 24ft-lbs in 20 cal is plenty.

Stick with between 850-920FPS for best accuracy, the most popular pcp air rifles at this sort of power are:

Air Arms S400/S410 S500/S510 XTRA

BSA R10/SuperTen

Theoben Rapid MK1/MK2/S-TYPE/MFR/TTR - VERY POPULAR CHOICE

Weiharauch HW100

Daystate AirWolf/AirRanger/MK4

Edgun Matador - FAIRLY NEW TO THE MARKET BUT VERY POPULAR IN USA

scott

.22 at 40ft-lbs I would stll say a Rapid, simply because of the ease of fixing it and the reliability of them - very well built, simple system that has now been proven over about 25 years. There are plenty like this being used in South Africa. Simple, rugged,accurate and good shot count (around 35 at that power from a 400cc)

congratulation that is a nice gun .whats the price in uk .Will it be in its original power.please also tell where to order for this gun in uk.

1600 Euros Delivered to UK - Contact him here http://www.edgun.ru/en/index.php on the feedback section, the next ones are available march/april i think.

They come shipped to UK set below 12FPE and if you want to put it on FAC then you just turn it up to your desired FPE and pop it on your licence.

scott

Edited by 19powell90

.22 at 40ft-lbs I would stll say a Rapid, simply because of the ease of fixing it and the reliability of them - very well built, simple system that has now been proven over about 25 years. There are plenty like this being used in South Africa. Simple, rugged,accurate and good shot count (around 35 at that power from a 400cc)

i would also get a rapid but i cant deal with long guns and a rapid in FAC would do my head thats why i chose the edgun because they are SO easy to take apart and put together etc even the manufacturer has put his own videos up of how to dis/re assemble it :) and the lads over on talon-airgun are loving them

i do love the rapids though

scott