pigs trotters

i wouldn't want to feed a pup on pigs trotters

i dont think its going to live on them though just more of a chew?

get some chicken carcasses, at 10 kilo it wants 1 kilo of food a day so 2 carcass from the weight of the ones i used to get, then introduce liver and kidneys now and then, fish heads and tail is a good meal too, rabbit is free, if you got room order in some minced beer and tripe, or lamb and tripe from food companys

2 1/2 pound of meat per day for a 3 month old lurcher pup is a ridiculous amount of food and will cause more complications with giving the dog to much protein not to mention a distended gut. Raw offal Is to rich for a pup that young and what is feeding fish tails supposed to bring to the party no nutrition in a finny meatless tail. Chicken is the best all round meat to start a young pup off on then as it grows and has more energy to burn off switch over to fatty beef as the fat will give the youngster all the energy it needs and will stop it taking energy from the meat so that all the protein is converted into building a nice healthy dog ...........

i wouldn't want to feed a pup on pigs trotters

i dont think its going to live on them though just more of a chew?

get some chicken carcasses, at 10 kilo it wants 1 kilo of food a day so 2 carcass from the weight of the ones i used to get, then introduce liver and kidneys now and then, fish heads and tail is a good meal too, rabbit is free, if you got room order in some minced beer and tripe, or lamb and tripe from food companys

2 1/2 pound of meat per day for a 3 month old lurcher pup is a ridiculous amount of food and will cause more complications with giving the dog to much protein not to mention a distended gut. Raw offal Is to rich for a pup that young and what is feeding fish tails supposed to bring to the party no nutrition in a finny meatless tail. Chicken is the best all round meat to start a young pup off on then as it grows and has more energy to burn off switch over to fatty beef as the fat will give the youngster all the energy it needs and will stop it taking energy from the meat so that all the protein is converted into building a nice healthy dog ...........

i meant to put 1 pound, the fish has oils in and they organs obviously fed in small portions my pup has been fine when he had liver and kidney with his chicken

The cheapest way to get omega oils into the dog is to feed a cheap tin of sardines in tomatoe twice a week apart from good fish oils the tomatoe is a very good anti carconagenic and also reduces the acidic value in the dogs urine .......

• Like 1

cheers for the tips guys i have read somert about 2% of body weight but at 10 kilo that would be a couple of hundred grams this doesnt sound enough but in contrast a kilo is alot lol.

so around a 1lb a day at this age .read that there shouldnt be to much variety and introduce stuff slowly.local butcher sells chicken thighs for 1.50 per kilo tryin to find out if he can get cheaper cuts (although £1.50 seems reasonable enough)

she on around 340-50 grams of beta puppy at the moment so a pound of fresh seems reasonable

have aread through this http://www.reptilefo...mb-newbies.html, its got shed loads of advice all you need to know will be there, and probably questions you might want to know have already been asked

cheers have read this before i think its mainly the amount im struglin with also some say just meat and bone others say veg as well.and others go on about adding suplements and vitamins which seems to defeat the object of a natural diet :hmm:

The cheapest way to get omega oils into the dog is to feed a cheap tin of sardines in tomatoe twice a week apart from good fish oils the tomatoe is a very good anti carconagenic and also reduces the acidic value in the dogs urine .......

il give that a try instead then thanks

lurche the cheapest parts are chicken back and ribs, i used to get in a 15kg box from the butchers for a tenner until the dogs freezer packed up

Start with a pound of meat for a week and see how your pup looks. If it looks nice and chubby without being to fat then bingo you have got it right as it grows and needs more add ka little at a time you will soon know how much to give. Personally I like to give my pups and adults a mix with their meat and I add raw veg, fruite and rice to give them the extra vitamins and nutrients they won't I get from meat alone. They also get tinned fish a few times a week and raw bones every other day. Some people will feed differently but all my dogs for the last 30+ years including lurchers greyhounds and terriers have thrived on it. There are loads of pictures on here of my dogs if you look back through my old posts you will see what a good diet can do for a dog .........

Pork in itself is as harmless to dogs as chicken, beef or any other meat. However, there is a slight risk of your dog being infected with trichinosis by eating pork. Trichinosis, also known as trichinellosis, is a food borne disease caused by an intestinal roundworm, . Both humans and pets who eat raw or undercooked meat of infected animals can develop the disease. Undercooked or raw meat of infected animals contains the roundworm. The disease can lead to muscle soreness and pain together with swelling of the upper eyelids in mild cases but can lead to more severe symptoms. :thumbs:

you might have noticed not many commercially produced dog foods contain pork

• Like 1

i read lots of different raw / raw and veg / raw and rice + pasta diets but they are all far superiour to any pedigree chum crap :thumbs:

mine get chicken, rabbit, tripe, raw eggs, bones, beef, tuna, cheap fish, rice, pasta with puree, oats and the odd veggie pulp and organs

Edited by Jamo

cant this worm be destroyed from normal regular worming?

spoke to local butcher who is gonna get me a price for 10 kilo boxes of chicken carcass.shes had a little lamb heart and liver so far.loves it but started leavin her dry food all day now lol feel the change over is on its way

:victory:

Pork in itself is as harmless to dogs as chicken, beef or any other meat. However, there is a slight risk of your dog being infected with trichinosis by eating pork. Trichinosis, also known as trichinellosis, is a food borne disease caused by an intestinal roundworm, . Both humans and pets who eat raw or undercooked meat of infected animals can develop the disease. Undercooked or raw meat of infected animals contains the roundworm. The disease can lead to muscle soreness and pain together with swelling of the upper eyelids in mild cases but can lead to more severe symptoms. :thumbs:

you might have noticed not many commercially produced dog foods contain pork

just been having a quick read up on this but as my trotters come from my local butcher seems it shouldnt be a problem as it has come from a fit for human resource