Good News - Career Change

Hey guys, been having a good think about having a career change and going in to Veterinary Nursing this year !!

At least i can be more help to some people on here to offer some more help and advice and not only that, what i will be hoping to do, for people within south wales help people out with their injured dogs (experience for me) and save people a good few quid instead of taking it to the vets.

Wish me luck :)

Best of luck with the career change, and no offence intended bu i used to teach verterinary nurses and vets in training, and offering advice over the internet if great but you intend to help folk out with injured dogs, im afraid this is a bad idea in my opinion, even after your qualification, whether its an FdSc in Vet nursing or the vocational training the RCVS will no offer you liability insurance or apprrove of your sideline, and im sure your employer wouldn't be too happy you are undercutting them . Im afraid you will have niether the experience, training, insurance (vital nowdays) or equipment needed to offer a positive diagnosis.

I think anyone worth their salt in running dogs wil take their dogs to a qualified professional with experience with running dogs an the neccesary equipment or a good boneman, saving a few quid is secondary to getting te correct treatment to me :thumbs:

Best of luck with the career change, and no offence intended bu i used to teach verterinary nurses and vets in training, and offering advice over the internet if great but you intend to help folk out with injured dogs, im afraid this is a bad idea in my opinion, even after your qualification, whether its an FdSc in Vet nursing or the vocational training the RCVS will no offer you liability insurance or apprrove of your sideline, and im sure your employer wouldn't be too happy you are undercutting them . Im afraid you will have niether the experience, training, insurance (vital nowdays) or equipment needed to offer a positive diagnosis.

I think anyone worth their salt in running dogs wil take their dogs to a qualified professional with experience with running dogs an the neccesary equipment or a good boneman, saving a few quid is secondary to getting te correct treatment to me :thumbs:

I'm with simoman on this one,also most sporting dog owners can treat minor ailments in their own dogs. I would't want anyone using my ill or injured dog just to "give them experience", that's what training with fully qualified vets is for in becoming a veterinary nurse, good luck with your new career though.

my girl friend went on work experience with a vet a couple months ago. anyway on her first day she was shown into the operating room where they were operating and the silly bint fainted there and then :wallbash:

she came to a decision that vetinary wasnt for her.