Deerhunter or Jack Pyke?

Nothing wrong with deer hunter mate, I've had the Ram jkt and trousers now for at least 10 yr and wear them all the time. Just bought Ridgeline Monsoon jkt, and although it is good it isn't that much better. Both bits of clothing have their own pros and cons.

I've got deer hunter,Barbour, harkila ,nomad etc deer hunter gets to heavy when wet , their lightweight gear is ok ridge line monsoon smock is ok but the raw is a better coat and pants , , there's loads on the market some over priced and shite

you rate that ridgeline as much as seeland an harkila old yin??? :D

The truth is i was gutted the harkila gear was very comfy to wear i wore leggings over the top of the pants on me qaud so never exposed them to weather the coat cost a right wedge and started leaking took it back 5 year 100% water proof they claim yeah they swaped it no problem , then we were up in the mountains rain hail snow really bad only had the pants on with no legging water went right through after about an hour , harkila have offerd a swapp again but i have no faith in the kit and its gortex MADE IN CHINA :blink: IVE had this NOMAD GEAR A FEW WEEKS and it stood up to the weather up to now , ive got the RIDGELINE on order but linton swears by it , ill keep you informed young'un ;)

Nothing wrong with deer hunter mate, I've had the Ram jkt and trousers now for at least 10 yr and wear them all the time. Just bought Ridgeline Monsoon jkt, and although it is good it isn't that much better. Both bits of clothing have their own pros and cons.

I've got deer hunter,Barbour, harkila ,nomad etc deer hunter gets to heavy when wet , their lightweight gear is ok ridge line monsoon smock is ok but the raw is a better coat and pants , , there's loads on the market some over priced and shite

you rate that ridgeline as much as seeland an harkila old yin??? :D

The truth is i was gutted the harkila gear was very comfy to wear i wore leggings over the top of the pants on me qaud so never exposed them to weather the coat cost a right wedge and started leaking took it back 5 year 100% water proof they claim yeah they swaped it no problem , then we were up in the mountains rain hail snow really bad only had the pants on with no legging water went right through after about an hour , harkila have offerd a swapp again but i have no faith in the kit and its gortex MADE IN CHINA :blink: IVE had this NOMAD GEAR A FEW WEEKS and it stood up to the weather up to now , ive got the RIDGELINE on order but linton swears by it , ill keep you informed young'un ;)

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...