If you buy the Tesco value frozen portions it's only £2.50 for 2.5kg so that's about 45p per lb i think :hmm: .

Not bad really considering the amount good fleshy meat on them.

Got myself one of those big mother hand mincers from Northern Tool the other day, i'll be looking forward to mincing up my next batch, probably stick raw veg through this time.

Shepp

I'm definitely 100% in favour of feeding raw. :thumbs: I read an article about a book by an Australian vet, I think his name's Ian Billinghurst and he has a website for more information. It sounded so convincing that I decided to swap over; that was over eight years ago and I wouldn't dream of going back to complete dry food. Mine get stuff like chicken wings, whole chicken carcasses, trays of odds and ends of raw bones most nights with the occasional day of "blended" fruit and vegetables with some additives. They also get rabbits etc too of course! :thumbs: In the book it even mentioned, among a myriad of benefits, a reduction in fleas; I think it was claiming it was due to boosted levels of somethingorother. :hmm: I thought at the time that this was just taking sales pitch too far but lo and behold over the last eight years I've had virtually no fleas at all (touch wood) whereas I'd been plagued by them in the past. The main problem I've found, as somebody stated above, is that living in the south it can be difficult to find a decent butcher; I've even had some refusing to sell bones etc telling me it will kill my dogs! :wallbash: Once you start you'll never look back. Ok I'll get off my soap box now.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped using Landywoods after they delivered rotten slimy meat , never let me know when they were going to deliver and I'd get home to find defrosted meat all over my drive presumably where the guy had dropped the heavy case and just left it. My dogs were ill and the chicken wings had to have plastic tags (like the sort you get on clothes labels) removed from each and everyone :censored:

In the summer I feed chudleys working crunch and the odd rabbit or scarps if I have them, butI do feed bones once a week. The once the Stags start in about August I get all the offal and bones out the local estate larders a couple of bottles of whisky keeps me in dog food all winter till about febuary then back on to the biscuts.

Regards highlander.