MTC Optics Viper 6-24x56 Ir rifle scope

I had a look through them at the CLA, not bad up to 10x mag, after that things started to get a bit dark, Im sure the exit pupil size is small than is claimed.

Personally I would go for less magnification and better glass. Id rather see my target prey clearly at all times.

For a fair while I was using a 3-9x50 on a Remmy 700 police 223 and shooting easily at 300m. Now using a Burris tactical 3-12x56 and still shooting well at 300m with just a slightly bigger image.

If I was you I would go down the shops and have a look through a heap of scopes, there is nothing worse than having to arse around getting your eye relife right on a shit scope thats wound up to the max, far better to have good quality fast and clear glass at a good magnification.

Cash is hard earned, spend it wisely and just the once.

Just my thoughts.

oh and some things for sale here on a prety good site:

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13559

Very nice scope, may be open to a sensible offer http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13450

Good luck :)

Can anybody help me out was thinking of buying one of these scopes for my ruger .223 are the good enough or should i just shop around sum more.

Personally I think they are excellent value for the money and that is coming from some one who has 2 NXS's and a Swarovski 6 - 24. I think you really need to have a look at one before you decide to buy. Mine is the same as you are interested in and gives a very clear picture even at 600 + yds and I have old eyes. A friend has one on his 6.5 and I know he would not change it.

Peter

I would agree that they are very good value for money, have the 4-16x50 on my .243 and ok it is no swarovski,but then its not swarovski money,it works well with the lamp and is pretty damn good in low light providing you dont crank it up too much, plus I like the christmas tree reticule and the ilumination is very helpful, in short, providing you dont expect it to out perform a nightforce,then for the money its a good buy with lots of features. :thumbs: