Rabbits?

:hmm:Hmm,..well I am no Vet or Scientist,...but, I have encountered both good rabbits,.and bad' un's...

Folk seem to forget that rabbits have always suffered from various maladies other than myxy...

You have only to look at their innards to confirm that,..mind you, my own guts would probably look a tad gritty... :laugh:

Bottom line is,..rabbits get sick,.same as everything else,..and constant damp weather combined with the stress that it brings, can make conies lackadaisical,... I know this for a fact, because I have caught several rabbits with my hands, and they are invariable weak and floppy,..So Jasper,..it is important in cases such as you have experienced,.not to put, 'two and two together, and make five'...

The hawk could have become ill due to some other reason ?

In saying that,.all manner of 'washes ' and noxious juices will be present in a Land Fill site or Farm Dump and god knows what effect it might have on the various individual rabbits dwelling underground. :icon_eek:

Whatever, it is a mystery.. :yes:

All the best, Chalkwarren.....

Many thanks for this helpfull post Chalkwarren :cheers: .

when you put it that way it makes alot of sense, I doubt I will ever get to the bottom of it no matter how hard I try. I have come across alot of what looks like fairly toxic materials on there in the past so its no wonder some things pay the penalty health wise :thumbs: ...

the Gos also looks on the mend :victory:

atb Jasp

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

Not sure of the rabbit issues many factors could be in place.

But I am sure amazed with all the HEALTH AND SAFETY being in place in todays world you get permission to hunt on a active landfill site.

Do you have to any form of insurance or safety induction course for elf and safety to hunt on the site.

As when I go to work on any landfill site we have to sign wear the correct PPE etc.

Glad your bird is better :good: and for certain a worrying situ to deal with now and in the future.

ATB Cookie

But I am sure amazed with all the HEALTH AND SAFETY being in place in todays world you get permission to hunt on a active landfill site.

Do you have to any form of insurance or safety induction course for elf and safety to hunt on the site.

As when I go to work on any landfill site we have to sign wear the correct PPE etc.

Glad your bird is better :good: and for certain a worrying situ to deal with now and in the future.

ATB Cookie

All above board cookie

we hunt the outskirts behind the netting, all the pipeing and activity takes place behind there with me having permision to fly the surrounding land too belonging to the Farmer. thats not to say if my bird crossed the netting I won't go and retreive it.

Hawked it and shot it for many years without a problem so can't see one coming up now :thumbs:........

I would sway to what Labtastic is saying about the gasses on a landfill..mixy and RHD would not effect your bird but then again we will never know unless a scientific investigation went under way..

A landfill site will have noxious gasses running around it.I used to work for a pump company &we'd supply the gear for them to pump out the lechate pits.This lechate acid is naughty stuff, it dissolved the normal mild steel pump heads & the only metal that could stand up to it for a little longer was stainless steel.

Don,t know if the rabbits would or could tolerate the smell of the gasses this stuff gives off...if they have perhaps they have some form of blood/flesh poisoning.I can remember nearly :bad: :bad: on several occasions when we had to go to pick these pumps up from the active landfills & i consider meself to have a decent consitution.

• Like 1
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

ATB Cookie

All above board cookie

we hunt the outskirts behind the netting, all the pipeing and activity takes place behind there with me having permision to fly the surrounding land too belonging to the Farmer. thats not to say if my bird crossed the netting I won't go and retreive it.

Hawked it and shot it for many years without a problem so can't see one coming up now :thumbs:........

Was not implying it was not below board,just the fact that you have permission from the landfill site owners in this day and age of where there is blame theres a claim .

If I owned the site would I let somebody who if this happened to you not your bird not eating the rabbit of course but if you became ill from hunting on the site .

What would be the liablitly for the site owner if you suffered a sickness or worst still died from hunting on the site.

Just my thoughts Cookie

Was not implying it was not below board,just the fact that you have permission from the landfill site owners in this day and age of where there is blame theres a claim .

If I owned the site would I let somebody who if this happened to you not your bird not eating the rabbit of course but if you became ill from hunting on the site .

What would be the liablitly for the site owner if you suffered a sickness or worst still died from hunting on the site.

Just my thoughts Cookie

Thats worth a thought should I now become ill cookie, I could be looking at thousands from useing one of these "No Win No Fee" clients off the box :laugh: .....

Just kidding mate as you have a genuine valid point :thumbs: .....

Jasp