my grandfather left me his aya no.1 when he passed away, was just wondering roughly how much she is worth, she is in great condition not a mark on her i have perrsonally only used her once, no real wear on the bores or mechanisms ect tells me she was only used a hand full of times, i have no intention of selling her but would be nice to know how much she is worth

atb joe

You lucky man. One of the best Spanish game guns out there.

I couldn't afford one, but I am very jelous.

My biggest regret is selling my No3 20bore in a stupid moment years ago! I now use a No4 12 bore on the occasions I am not using my 28 or 20 O/U.

My biggest regret is selling my No3 20bore in a stupid moment years ago! I now use a No4 12 bore on the occasions I am not using my 28 or 20 O/U.

got a nice aya no2 i could let you have in very good condition :laugh: for a fair price

got a nice aya no2 i could let you have in very good condition :laugh: for a fair price

was this ment towards me or the other guy?

was this ment towards me or the other guy?

the other guy :laugh:

bloody hell jammy sod my grandad was :o will never forget the story of how he came to own this gun. or what we where always told.

there is a estate near us that has red deer and roe deer , my grandfather was frends with the duke and was the game keeper, there was a big red deer stag on the estate that there deer hounds could not catch was to clever for them would see them coming and would be gone no where to be seen, and they made a bet that the person who catches the deer gets the other mans gun, not with much to loose my grandfather accepted the bet and the only rule was the deer must nnot be shot and he caught the deer with his collie greyhound that was around 23 tts and a pure collie . thats the basic story anyway whether it is true or not we will never know and it was a lot better with my grandfather saying it

Cheers Paul, love to take you up on that, but financially unable at present, due to a wife who thinks we can afford an extension!!

Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers Paul, love to take you up on that, but financially unable at present, due to a wife who thinks we can afford an extension!!

Thanks for the offer though.

thats women for you always get their priorities mixed up :laugh:

bloody hell jammy sod my grandad was :o will never forget the story of how he came to own this gun. or what we where always told.

there is a estate near us that has red deer and roe deer , my grandfather was frends with the duke and was the game keeper, there was a big red deer stag on the estate that there deer hounds could not catch was to clever for them would see them coming and would be gone no where to be seen, and they made a bet that the person who catches the deer gets the other mans gun, not with much to loose my grandfather accepted the bet and the only rule was the deer must nnot be shot and he caught the deer with his collie greyhound that was around 23 tts and a pure collie . thats the basic story anyway whether it is true or not we will never know and it was a lot better with my grandfather saying it

nice gun mate be a good nestegg if ever you need it although the trade is very slow at the minute as everybody is in the same boat, skint :laugh:

that gun and the story behind it is worth more to be passed down and repeated than any monetary value.

Exactly, and that's why I will never sell my No4. It was my Dads, and I can still remember to this day, going to the bank with him, to get the cash out, and then going to the gunshot, as he passed over the counter a bunch of notes, for a new No4.

I think it was 385 in about 1977/8.