Memorable Christmas Dog Show

There was a great turnout at Dessie Mackens annual Christmas show yesterday Saturday despite the cold weather.Dessie you certainly know how to bring a little happiness, and a lot of Christmas cheer into the lifes of us Canine folk in the dark dreary days leading up to Christmas.It was just what we all needed. Let me please say this and I really mean it from the bottom of my heart,you put on a great dog show yesterday at Halls Mills, reaching out the hand of friendship to every single person who came in the gate ,with your generosity, kindness and good humour and a never ending flow of Christmas cheer for every grown up at the show, and minerals and crisps for all the children. Many thanks to the Judges, Tom Barry, and John Barry for the wonderful and difficult job they carried out in a very professional manner. They were firm, but fair in every way. Both these men have years of experience both in hunting,racing and showing their dogs, and this was very evident in the way they conducted their judging yesterday. A job well done Tom and John. Bluebell was there and recorded all the happy times both of the winners at the showing and after the showing .Deidre another great job done, and no doubt we will see them all up shortly on Hunting life and Facebook. Deidre you done a first class job yesterday, and thanks for all the lovely happy memories these will leave us with.

The show commenced at 1.30pm, and I randomly took down as many results as possible. Its impossible to get them all, so please dont think I am leaving anybody out if I missed you. Here we go:

The child handling class.

In this class all the children were winners. The smile on their little faces told the story. These little people thoroughly enjoyed this class and were all proud winners. Some tired little sleepy heads last night. A big well done to you all and I hope Santa brings you all everything you have asked for.

Terries Terrier Pup

1/ Robert Clifford

2/ Peter Morgan Terriers 1 Graham Brennan Terrier Final 1/ Graham Brennan Reserve Peter Morgan. Congratulations Graham and Peter , both great we terriers, and well deserved wins to both these great hunting men.

Lurchers

Lurcher Bitch Pups

1/ Stephen Dummigan

2/ Fiona Devlin

3/ Chris Loughran

Rough Overs

1/ Graham Brennan

2/ Robert Clifford

3/ Owen Brennan ( Dad Graham very proud of his son.) Well done Owen,move over dad.

Hare Class

1/ Fiona Devlin

2/ Chontelle Mc Meekin

Smooth Under

1/ Fiona Devlin

2/ Lisa Dummigan

Smooth Over

1/ Mickey Quinn with Rusty.

Lamping Lurcher

1/ Stephen Dummigan

2/ Chontelle Mc Meekin

Working Lurchers

1/ Paul Reid

2/ Peter Morgan

3/ Robert Clifford

Collie Cross

1/ Niall Mc Cann

2/ Stephen Dummigan

Vetern Lurcher

1/ John Mc Stay with Jessie. Congratulations husband.

2/ Owen Brennan ( A very proud little man )Huntsman of the future.

Lurcher Final

1/ Mickey Quinn with Rusty Reserve :

Niall Mc Cann Well done Mickey and Niall. 2 lovely dogs there, and both showers and hunters and very worthy winners.

Whippets

Whippet Bitch Pup

1/ Tracy Gill with Breeze

2/ Paul Reynolds

3/ Fiona Devlin

Dog Pup

1/ Kirsty Harpur

2/ Paul Reynolds

3/ Ann Forsythe

Whippet Bitch

1/ Tracy Gill

2/ Tony Stevenson

3/ Charlene Rafferty

Whippet Dog

1/ Janet Duke

2/ Ann Forsythe

3/ Paul Reynolds

Working Whippet

1/ John Shaw

2/ Mickey Quinn

Whippet Pairs

1/ John Mc Stay

2/ Ann Forsyth

3/ Eddie Mc Kinstry

Others winners

1/ Glen Doherty with his lovely dog

2/ Finbarr Leonard with his winning dog.( Finbarr, Dad Joe Leonard is so proud of you. I hear Santa is bringing you a very special present this Christmas for being such a good little boy this year )

Whippet Final

1/ Janet Duke

Reserve John Shaw. Well done Janet & John, both well deserved winners.

Strong Dogs

1/ Stewardie Moore

2/ John Barry (Junior) Two well deserved winners, and two real gentlemen.Well done to you both

Overall winner went to,yes you have guessed the Mighty Quinn from Lurgan in the County of Armagh.

Overall Christmas Show Winner :

Mickey Quinn with Rusty. This dog both shows and hunts, and in his young life to date has won nearley every show this year.Mickey you are one of natures gentlemen, both you and your son Michael have attended and supported every show all year, and have won a shed full of trophys along the way. I beleive you were frantically looking again for Terence Metcalfe to do security guard for you again yesterday to get your trophies home, but unfortunately Terence had a prior engagement and could not accomodate,but I beleive Santas little helpers got you home safe and sound. Mickey and Michael a big congratulations on winning Dessies Christmas Show yesterday with your winning Top Lurcher " Rusty "

After a brilliant and very successful show, we all gathered together in Halls Mills pub and restuarant, and had some nice food, a few bevvies of Christmas cheer,some nice music and I was lucky enough to get a few smooches with Tom Barry and big hug from John Shaw. Tom, you are a great mover and made an old lady very happy. Bluebell and Janet,eat your hearts out.Jealousy gets yous nowhere.As Janet Duke said to me,isent that what life is all about enjoying yourself. And she is 100% right, and boy did we enjoy ourselves.

And finally a very big thank you again to Dessie Macken for a brilliant and most enjoyable show,we love you Dessie us women.To Halls Mills Management and Staff for the lovely food and entertainment, to Bluebell for the photographs,and to the Judges for a job well done. May I take this opportunity on behalf of Big John and myself wishing all showing and hunting folk, your friends and familys , North and South of the border and across on the UK mainland and Scotland, a very merry Christmas and a very happy and holy New year, and we look forward to meeting up with you all again at Ballywalter in 2012.

Margaret Mc Stay

Edited by appleblossom
  • Like 2