Jackers

This is a diferent story of a jacker, at the time [pre ban ] i was running a 3/8 5/8 good bull grey a real hater of foxes,i also had a deer/grey col/grey who was in her first real working season i had this bitch because i rate them as all rounders,i started the d/g/c/g on foxes along side my bull bitch which went excelently as im sure my bull bitch just caught foxes so she could see how hard they could bite her [she loved the head end and never complained].Things were going excelently and they acounted for alot of foxes until tradjedy struck and my bull x was laid to rest after a fit that killed her [not working but sat on the chair in the front room lottie R.I.P]anyway i then carried on runing my d/g/c/g single handed and the first fox she encountered got her on the nose and then she JACKED OH FXXX,this pained me no end but she was such a usefull dog on the hoof there was no way she was going,a season passed and i didnt slip her at one fox but eventually curiosity got me and i tested her again on her own just to see if time could heal old wounds ,IT DID ,JOY she didnt look back after that and took some punishment on the way but she ended up a very usefull foxer,some will say this doesnt make her 100 percent and i would have to agree as that 100% needs to be in your mind as well as in the dog as 100% in my eyes means no doubt, respect to the bull cross though NO ONE DOES IT BETTER :yes:

• Like 1

I love the deer/grey x collie/greys as well for all rounders. Been known to run a few in my time and you are spot on about them being good on the hoof :thumbs: . Maybe your bitch was just used to the bull/grey back up to start with so jacked the first time by herself but by the sound of it she came round in the end :victory:

Too many people write the dogs off too early when it's really them that should quit

My old bitch deer/grey x collie/grey powers/hancock bred not sure the grandparents names though

ABCD0007.jpg

She was a excellent dog in her time, never seemed to have many problems with her. 1 of the best bitches I've ever owned and will miss her when she is gone

It was the lack of back up that made her jack thats for sure ,i just thought it might interest those who are not so keen on giving a dog a chance :yes:

i think if they were doubled up too much they got familiar with the arse end, when they eventually got bit they had a shock and dropped it.

good on you for giving her another chance.

• Like 1

ive known of a few to jack on first bite but they remember that incident and most get stuck right in the next time to make sure there bite does more....a bullx i once owned never touched sharp stuff till 18 month she took the teeth straight across the nose and stood wondering what the hell happened a week later she hit a fox with such force and aggression it was killed out right and from then on if they grabbed her she ragged more and bit harder. deer/greyxcollie/grey/bed/whip took 2 attempts where he jacked then he put up a fox day time and went jaw locked with it across his nose he has never looked back he destroys them now giving the chance. so how far do you take it before you say its a jacker?

i always give chance not to many though if its not to be its not to be i had a saluki/greyxcollie skip he jacked totally wouldnt even look at them but he was good hare dog then at 8 year old my bullx was drawing a fox pre ban and another fox bolted i had skip with me for the walk he took after this fox and went to town on it after then in his last year before the accident he took and drew them.

This is a diferent story of a jacker, at the time [pre ban ] i was running a 3/8 5/8 good bull grey a real hater of foxes,i also had a deer/grey col/grey who was in her first real working season i had this bitch because i rate them as all rounders,i started the d/g/c/g on foxes along side my bull bitch which went excelently as im sure my bull bitch just caught foxes so she could see how hard they could bite her [she loved the head end and never complained].Things were going excelently and they acounted for alot of foxes until tradjedy struck and my bull x was laid to rest after a fit that killed her [not working but sat on the chair in the front room lottie R.I.P]anyway i then carried on runing my d/g/c/g single handed and the first fox she encountered got her on the nose and then she JACKED OH FXXX,this pained me no end but she was such a usefull dog on the hoof there was no way she was going,a season passed and i didnt slip her at one fox but eventually curiosity got me and i tested her again on her own just to see if time could heal old wounds ,IT DID ,JOY she didnt look back after that and took some punishment on the way but she ended up a very usefull foxer,some will say this doesnt make her 100 percent and i would have to agree as that 100% needs to be in your mind as well as in the dog as 100% in my eyes means no doubt, respect to the bull cross though NO ONE DOES IT BETTER :yes:

Good Stuff mate, just goes to show with time and effort it can pay dividends well done. :thumbs:

• Like 1

i would never of called it a jacker & you did exactly the right thing dogs like

routine & dislike or are warey of new & unexpected things so having been

used to the older dog being at the sharp end, imagine the shock to the

system it would have been it must have thought wtf was that but you gave

it the time to come to terms with it & reeped the rewards

• Like 1

good tales there and alot of truths saw young dogs get soured when out a walk at nite and coming acrss something that was not on the menu but as they grew up abit matured they had to be held back as they were not on menu , saw some dogs hit foxes by the time ive run up stone dead saw some jaw to jaw and dont give a hell , saw som epull of there third after having ahard time with first and second , then aweek of rest div ein again , there no ryme and reason on foxes , ive never bred a dog for them no use to me , but ive not saw many that wouldnt have ago singled or doubled if they came across them , as they mature ,ther eonly one way to enter a dog slo an dpateince , and with an expierenced dog , till he gets the knack , or if hees mad like some terrier crosses pure greys just let them go , saluks and collie type iv elet them take there time and mature , but they all ahve took them but no gain in afox apart from pest control ,