Working and getting your bird fit

obi2

Good question..

Can't see how anyone can get them proper fit unless they are flying them hard virtually everyday, working 5 days a week would make it virtually impossible. I would think some shft work would help if working nights and not getting much sleep during the day..........

I did it once but i quickly found out that a feamale harris is a bit big for that.. :laugh: ..even if it was a big stair case it's not the same as getting a bird fit from daily hunting..in my eye's they is no substitute to getting a hawk fit from hunting.

i have known people fly there hawks up the stairs for fittness

Yep a cracking idea with a small hawk like a Spar which I have done myself but none get proper fit like chaseing quarry or being worked hard in the field.... Birds get fit chaseing quarry and we get fit trying to keep up with them :D............

How do you find lamping with the Harris banjo?

she catches a lot easier on the lamp.

she always flys to the right of the beam and swings in at the last moment, i used to tape the bell so the bunnys couldnt hear her coming but i prefer a bit of a chase rather than her landing on a squatter. still dosent beat bolted rabbit though.