hunting advice waned on harris female

coney clucky

advice please ive got a 3 year old female she was hunting bunnies ok her weight was 2lb 3oz then and doing ok ive tried her now 4 or 5 times on bunnies this season and she not holding them or some times ignoring them totally she is fit and healthy and i have her out most days weather permiting her weight at minute is 2lb 2 1/2 oz coming great to fist aand following on mint had her weight up to 2lb 4 oz coming ok but a little slow at that weight she has been hitting dummy bunny ok but live ones diffrent

have you felt her keel? ( she may have flown at that weight "fit" last year, and is at the weight "fat" this year? )

i dont know how long you have the bird etc.

all the very best in getting her going bud.

waidmannnsheil!!

• 2 weeks later...

as said by waidmann you need to know your bird and feel her keel to decide weather she could do with another quarter or half ounce taken off,even try draging a few rabbit carcases for her and let her fed up on them,then get her on the down and try her again.

anyway best of luck mate.

Having flown harris's for 15 years in my experience drop her weight at least 1/2 - 3/4 oz she will be fine fly her like this for at least a couple of weeks then if you need to creep her weight up but dont bank on it as they get older ive found you need to keep dropping the weight not increase it good luck