ferret with sore ears

one of my ferrets ears are full of yellow stuff anf little scabs and she was all off balence and now she is ok but her ears are still bad wha could i do to treat this or what it might be my other ferrets are perfect its only her any idias on how to treat this

thanks

This sounds like ear mites to me not a vet but does sound like it, beaphar anti parasite spot on from most pet shops kills ear mites ,My ferret had balance back in two days and was right as rain in a week : )

Edited by Jamie m

one of my ferrets ears are full of yellow stuff anf little scabs and she was all off balence and now she is ok but her ears are still bad wha could i do to treat this or what it might be my other ferrets are perfect its only her any idias on how to treat this

thanks

Did you get it sorted ??????

Well, there is a difference between loss of balance and head tilting etc, as there is a difference between yellow pus coming from the ear in comparison to yellow pus coming from the scabs. I take it the pus is thicker than normal? Generally yellow pus needs vet attention, the underlying infection needs to be controlled along with parasitic infection.

So, vet job, unforunately, they may advise canaural/parasite treament, but it seems like a course of anti-biotics may be required. Many vets are open on a Sat morning, so get the fert in there to prevent infection getting hold over the weekend. Atb, keep us posted.

one of her ears is perfect but the other one is still sore thare is only scabs on the outer tips of her ear and i dont thing it is puss its like water coming from inside her ear she is perfect only for that

No one can tell what it is without actually looking at it ear mites will kill a ferret : ( get it treated for eat mites