digging or bolting

Guest grubygrafter

if you work terriers here where I live a good bolter is the best thing you can have as 90% of earths are undiggable(rock).with a stayer you will spent day and nights only waiting and probably have him killed in a short time.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grubygrafter
I can vouch for foxtrack,these are no puppy earths :shok:

and would it be harder to get a fox out of these with a boltng dog or a stayer which would have a fox out of these earths quicker. just that in my experience foxes bolt far easier from bigger earths if aproached right.

thanks for the offer but i'll stick with the easy ones up here :)

hey up guys im assuming this was started as a result of the DIGGING TERRIERS thread

i would never down any working terrier wether it was for bolting digging or a mixer or bushing rabbits

they all have a place somewhere. For anyone who hasnt read my post in digging terriers

i dug to my dog once and had to stop we hut a granite slab so i called her out after half an hour of trying

when i say slab i mean it was over 15 foot square fck knows how deep/thick it was so when i called her out

i was chuffed. and some think this dog is SHITE everyones entitled to an opinion .

so lets put one of their hard dogs on the same dig......... if the dog cant be called out its dead cos it

would be aswell to be a metal slab you just wont shift granite that size ! the dogs dead if it cant get its own way out, so it waits till you dig to it which you physically or mechanically cant.the dogs fckd but i can call mine out [once ive had to i might add] and i fck off to hunt another day!!!!!!

so as already said i think its horses for corses .i aint slating anyones type of work or dogs never have never will

good hunting and im sure one thing we can all agree on its started a good debate :laugh:

Guest foxtrack

I can vouch for foxtrack,these are no puppy earths :shok:

and would it be harder to get a fox out of these with a boltng dog or a stayer which would have a fox out of these earths quicker. just that in my experience foxes bolt far easier from bigger earths if aproached right.

thanks for the offer but i'll stick with the easy ones up here :)

we'll all i can say is the foxes dont seem to bolt easy down heer

we work earths from ay 10 to 150 holes and upto 25 foot deep

and from one end to the other it could be 100 yards plus

and we work these places weekin week out

id love to have the thee hole'rs that some boys have

but as a rule it's not like this in the parts of mid wales

that i hunt.

and come december when foxes are pairing up the dog foxes can be

a night mare given the terrier a right time underground

eddie chapman said once that the foxes in wales are some

of the hardest he's ever worked and some how

i think he's right :yes:

Guest grubygrafter

ive had the pleasure of being invited to wales on a couple of occassion and enjoyed it very much a very nice country

the hospitality was second to none the people freindly ....the foxes. much the same as here. :D

Its true what you say gg but im not in it for the easy life ;)

One of the shortest but the best posts Ive ever read.Perhaps some people are in the game for all the wrong reasons if there is no challenge whats the point.

your all going on about how shit a terrier is that can be shouted out.... wise up dicks, or are you just playing around with puppy earths? there are times and PLACES that it can be very handy for a digger to be able to shout his dog out... if it dos shout out, theres no one making you do it every time you go out, its just another another option you have.. any terrier that can be shouted out is better for working the next day compared to a dog that gets killed or well hammered to ground.... every situation has a different solution, just like in a perfect world we would have a dog for every situation.... just my opinion..

edited to say, no mine dont shout out but yes i wish they f**ing would SOMETIMES

wiseup dicks ?

come down hear to wales mate and illshow you what some

of our puppy earths are like.

our puppy earths are the sort of places you'd think twice about putting a dog in :yes:;)

come and try them if you like

if you read it , you will find it was a question not a statement..... :victory: but as i do alot of terrierwork in fell borrans im guessing that i wouldnt think twice about entering one of mine in a welsh puppy earth... yes the ground down with you is rougher going than most will work there dogs in but it aint any different up here on the edge of the cairngorms.... my original post wasnt directed at any one imparticular, i just found it amazing that people would class the abbility to shout a dog out as a bad one.. happy hunting mate