strange foxes

In the last three outings with the lamp, me and my mate have had a total of 5 fox all of them were dogs and all of them seem to be acting a little strange at the time :huh: none of them were interested in the call, but did not seem too bothered about the light, and all had their noses to the ground and were running short distances across the fields. i dont think they were hunting because they were passing very close to rabbits in the fields. i know it is a bit early, but due to the mild weather recently is it possible they have started to mate. anyone else noticed the same?

LD

We are the same, all we are shooting and trapping are dogs, we havnt seen a vixen for some time. Getting a lot of quite black ones as well compared to normal. In fairness though this always happens at this time with the dogs looking for a mate and moving around.

Had exactly the same thing Sunday night. Picked up the eyes in the lamp and watched for a minute. Tried a squeak, just had a quick glance and carried on scenting. He got to within 80 yards still moving and another quick squeak enabled me to take the shot. A big dog fox with the HMR. Saw another two after aswell but they were having none of it. Eyes, squeak then vanished.

went out the other week saw 10 in a 3hr walk 4 showed interest in the squeel 1 far to much for its own good :laugh: very large dog fox. around this time last year when the bad weather was very bad here, every fox ran in to a squeel. just shows how weather conditions/food supplies effect anaimals behaviour.