dodgy mark 3 locater or collar

i bought a brand new mrk 3 locater and collar about 2 years ago,, on my first outing with it i came to the conclusion it was shit and did not work so i put it in the bag and decided to send it back to get tested but i forgot so i decided to try it again today and same result crap!!!!,,,it is only giving a signal when it is within a few feet on the locater and almost directly over the collar...i only have one collar so don,t know if it is a dodgy collar or locater box,,i have got 393 renata batterys in the collar,,, anyone had any similar problems/any ideas!!!...... i am just a bit peeved as it was not cheap....cheers

You need to find someone with a mk 3 collar and box to check yours.

I think some of the early mk3 collars do take 393, mine take 394.

I bought another 2 collars a few weeks ago and have found out today one of them is faulty, it is going back this week.

Try sending it back to deben, at the end of the day if it's only 2 years old it's not fit got purpose.

I bought a mk3m and two collars brand new, end of last season. Used it a couple of times, and I thought it was shite. making all sorts of fecking noise. Had it out 4 or 5 times this season and it seems to be working now, but unfortunatley the two digs Ive had have been for just a collar, my best jill has a knack of slipping them, I thought it was on tight enough but oh no..... Now that I know its working, Im fecking too scared to change the batteries in the collars incase they feck up.. Deben... mumble, grumble, discontent.