has anyone been having any luck pike fishing in south west scotland recently? i done an all nighter at a place called kelhead water recently and never had a touch. there was also folk from n.e england who had been there for 3 nights and never caught a thing. there is definately pike in there because i have caught them myself and also seen nice ones being caught. is it just one of them things or is everywhere round here fishing like that?

any input or suggestions welcome many thanks :victory::victory:

Well...went fished Loch Ronald today......after 5 dropped runs the penny dropped....the fish where very finicky...taking the bait ..moving 1or 2 yds..then dropping the bait.....this i put down to them feeling the weight of the sinker......reeled in re-baited....removed sinker '2oz'...then recast........next 2 runs were positive runs ..the fishing running with the bait.......the result...one pike at 5.5lb...the other 7lb 13 oz.........not big fish ..but better then none....on the plus side...started on new sun tan.... :laugh::laugh:

the bait used....mackerel and herring

im going this weekend and why dodnt you use a running led :victory:

Do use run rigs,,,,but was fishing over weed....was easier to take of sinker...then to change over to a float rig..... :laugh::laugh:...thats the first time come across the pike in Loch Ronald feeding that way..usually are very positive runs.....

good luck for the weekend....

Alhoy

• 9 months later...

Me Personally have never been pike fishing there,

but if your looking for a really good pike water

loch glow in fife i have had plenty 20+

it is a very good water

it also contains very big rainbows/browns

and perch

and all methods are legal.

pm for more details