daylite hare coursing in u s a

well heres another day out from 2009, we get up 6 in morning truck the dogs up leave silver city and head to lordsburg a border town between arizona and new mexico ,we drive of the interstate ,passing wild mustangs , sevral hawks a golden eagle and a prairie falcon ,we are on land were once the apache roamed , we have got cowboy plylis , angie , we go into the grasslands 7 miles of the higway , we let the dogs out , first days coursing brilliant not a goverment servant about , cop etc about all public land , we hunt a bit of pure dirt blown prairie a jack gets up , cowboy , and phylis are on , the chase it through the mesquite bushes on to the prairie after 2 mins of hard running they ware him down young cowboys all out on his own as other dog lost site hees laying it down now another turn hare caut we have, three more runs dogs are goosed as its geting hot down at this altitude plus there foot sore unforgiven land at times ,we rest them up we have three jacks , we head of to a mexican cantina have a crack , talk about the day ,future breeding ,and about the uk , as he was aover there in 2004 coursing with me and freinds and lamping etc ,it make sme sick when you have good tools dogs and you can only use them to there full use under the cloak and dagger my mate laughs at the silly politicains here , but he knows how much i loathe them ,any way we have several more days and good sport but the first is always the best all the best ,one day ille get a pic up

• Like 1

faster and you cant see them ,plus they have more predators you need a fast dog knows lolipers up and at them total pressure for 2 to 3 mins as they have cover ,a maive chase i 4 mins 2 mins normal then lost ,in cover or caut ive not huntd prper arable but maybe easie to catch a fatter and beter fed mate

which have you hunted the black tail or the white tail...is there a diffrence in size in these two species or charteristics...maybe they seem faster because there dashing in and out of cover whin everything looks slower out in the open even though they aint...i used to run hares very regular in small fields with lots of cover rushes ect ...yes there is that chance of the dog losing sight quicker but the hare aint faster ,,,surley its the same with jacks..just a question whin ..always interested to learn about leprus in other countries...

diffrent diet for one more predators for two and ive hunted both over here and there after ten seasons over there you see dogs here that would catch a hare here ,wouldnt come close to putting a bend over there in that part of new mexico there will be softer hares jacks but not were we hunt for sure hence the reason i like it ,saw us hunting seven days and only 4 hares then in a wet time having 2 3 4each day the climate is harsh the place is harsh the usa army couldnt beat the apaches beacause of terrian no water etc ,to get dogs for over there you need dogs , dogs bred that are fast good feet and wind , but with size as its long running ,all these mongrel type you see here would get blown away ,its all desert blacktail jacks we chase , od antelope in arizona but black tail is the norm all animal living in arid land are lean and pacy ,unless they have big wet spells then lush grass,if your not on top the jack heel just run the dog outunell there dogs free running to head him ,the equivland here is short winter wheat when the ground is brick or frost when they fly and only the best catch them ,but you dont see all the chase sometimes they hit mesquite there tricky i go in feb usaly when ther4e strong been in nov still willy but lot of young ones ,took my old mate years to breed good dogs with nerar greyhound pace a bit saluki stamina and staghound feet ,

i think he meant antelope jack it's the third species of jack only found in AZ deserts and down into Mexico. biggest & alledgedly the slowest of the jacks here.

although back in the day, before any of us here were born, folks used to catch pronghorn antelope w/ long dogs.

Whin

the proper name is N'Dene, Apache is a name given by their enemies and is still insulting to them. Oh and the US Army did eventually defeat them. great read sounds like a blast.

Edited by Pops

i maybe, pops but youse b*****ds are stil paying for it, dont try and correct me mate, saw enough over there to make my own mind up of the american hunter , most of your dogs are a pile of pish , then you get pioneers like dutch ,milt garret and a few others in new mexico texas border , daVID HEISS AND AFEW GOOD WOMEN COURSERS .THER APACHE TO ME ,as i am scottish another proud race ,they take no humbridge of me being scottish sayin apache maybe you being an american,stayed on there reservaition hunted with permision ,couresd and hunted there hundreds of days and could count on one hand the dogs you would take home the rest well like the majority of people on net useless at breding and getin the best out a dog

whin

some of my best Marines had that blood in them & there's alledgedly a bit in my veins as well (don't care enough to try to get the adoption records unsealed). true some don't give a rats @$$, but still plenty that will cut you for calling them that. you're probably right that they cut you slack for your accent. I'm sure i'd get an earful if i called them apache.

Dave & Dutch are good people. Daves forgotten more than i have time left to learn. my first running dog was going to a pup from Dutch's Phoeboe bitch but her uterus ruptured. he hooked me up w/ Ann from Columbus. GOOD people all. i'm a bit jealous as i live over here and can't seem to find the time & gas money to see them & run with them.

Edited by Pops

thats fine pops thought u were tyring to correct me over trivail things hope you get sorted and get out with fast hard runing jacks phoebe was aclass act aw hes catch 2 jacks in front of the saluks then do a 4 min run on a jack caut that to she retreived to her pups angie phylis good dogs still catching jacks at seven great muths on them