White Dogs/White Pheasant

Very common, they get put out with the normal birds so you can see where abouts your birds are wandering to. If someone shoots one on a shoot day they have to pay a fine round here, £50 or £60 I think it is. Have a look on ebay at hatching eggs round april may time when the hens are laying again and check out the different colours of pheasants you can get theres some proper mad colours nowadays. Theres even mad coloured redlegs.

We used them for locating where the pheasants was feeding. Never used to shoot them. Didn't shoot or run hares either as there wasn't many of them. Not my choice it was the head gamekeeper who wrote the rules

We used them for locating where the pheasants was feeding. Never used to shoot them. Didn't shoot or run hares either as there wasn't many of them. Not my choice it was the head gamekeeper who wrote the rules

Spoke to a keeper about it a good few years ago after my old Redtail nearly caught one, he said the same they was only down to mark down the Pheasants and seemed happy with me catching them.

Not sure if its true but he told me they do nothing but fight compared to the norm and also wander out a bit taking other birds with them? I never ever caught one but over the year they totaly disapeared off the Estate.......