UK Webley Patriot .22 Cal

Considering 579 FPS is 11.4 Ft/lbs, 810 seems more than a bit low for a .22 FAC Patriot. They could deliver well over 20 up to 30ft/lbs when they were new or well tuned and run-in.

It's an elderly gun now, from the great heyday of Webley & Scot. This one sounds like it's definately in need of an overhaul. I had one in the mid 90s and I found it a lovely rifle. Hits hard and very accurate for its time.

Well worth restoring if you have the ticket Terrierman.

Simon.

That's about right with the velocity, that's a shade over 20ft-lbs.

If you want a springer on ticket the best one to get is the diana 48 or 52, or the 54 if you can find one. They're a country mile better than any of the others. I had a 52 .22 on ticket years back that gave 32 using Crosman Premiers and the recoil was less than most sub 12 guns. Cracking rifles :thumbs:

Considering 579 FPS is 11.4 Ft/lbs, 810 seems more than a bit low for a .22 FAC Patriot. They could deliver well over 20 up to 30ft/lbs when they were new or well tuned and run-in.

It's an elderly gun now, from the great heyday of Webley & Scot. This one sounds like it's definately in need of an overhaul. I had one in the mid 90s and I found it a lovely rifle. Hits hard and very accurate for its time.

Well worth restoring if you have the ticket Terrierman.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

I've decided to pass and wait for another...preferably in .25. This one has apparently been tuned and upon viewing the paperwork it was shooting CP's 14.3 at and average of 795 +/- 15 fps. I think it might have been a bit of a slowpoke from the beginning. I considered buying it and replacing the spring, and seal but then then opted not to. I don't need any additional gun related projects at this time. lol. Cheers.

Chris

That's about right with the velocity, that's a shade over 20ft-lbs.

If you want a springer on ticket the best one to get is the diana 48 or 52, or the 54 if you can find one. They're a country mile better than any of the others. I had a 52 .22 on ticket years back that gave 32 using Crosman Premiers and the recoil was less than most sub 12 guns. Cracking rifles :thumbs:

I owned a 54 (pre RWS) for a while in .177 and sold it in 09 and really wish I hadn't. Everytime I think of it I could kick myself in the rear then bury my head in the sand. I've had my eye open for another for a while with no luck.

I agree, they're definately a great gun. :)