• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daanyc I've had 3 of them they're solid working tools usually choked Full and Fuller trust me they're tight. Bored like that they can kick like a mule due to the pressures incurred the last one was bored 1/2 and 1/2 and shot sweet as a nut. I deffinitely would not fire steel through one with the full chokes but get one bored out and the gun will last a lifetime. Ammo is dear but a lot of guys load they're own after the initial outlay it's a lot cheaper and nice to shoot with something you've loaded yourself

• 1 month later...

hi mate used to have a stevens /savage single 10 36 inch barrell. what a tool that was had it opened up to 1/2 choke. threw a great pattern at 50 yards . sadly 10 bore days are over to expensive to load now .3 inch mag is just as good in my opinion. hope you have as much fun as i had with mine them geese never stood a chance.

I'd treat the 10 like a magnum 12. It won't increase killing distance, it just puts more lead in the pattern. I used to use a Marlin 10G Supergoose on the Solway which due to incredibly tight choking did provide another few yards over the 12 but ammo is so expensive how do you practise, it's hard enough for a 12G.