Locators and collars

I was supposed to be buying a MK3 box as I was told they pick up MK1 collars......just before buying it I've done a search and found a post on here, a post on the falconry forum and a report by Simon Whitehead that all say the MK3 only picks up Mk3 collars and won't pick up MK1 or MK2 collars.

Pretty pissed off because when I've mentioned this to the lad I was supposed to be buying it off he said I'm a liar!

Has anyone tried MK1 collars with the MK3 box and do they work? I could take the collars down to try them but I'm buggered if I'm going to drive for over an hour to find out they don't work. And if they do work why the bloody hell are there so many articles and posts saying that they don't??

I was supposed to be buying a MK3 box as I was told they pick up MK1 collars......just before buying it I've done a search and found a post on here, a post on the falconry forum and a report by Simon Whitehead that all say the MK3 only picks up Mk3 collars and won't pick up MK1 or MK2 collars.

Pretty pissed off because when I've mentioned this to the lad I was supposed to be buying it off he said I'm a liar!

Has anyone tried MK1 collars with the MK3 box and do they work? I could take the collars down to try them but I'm buggered if I'm going to drive for over an hour to find out they don't work. And if they do work why the bloody hell are there so many articles and posts saying that they don't??

mate the mk1 boxes pick up the mk3m collars and the mk3m reciever only works on mk3 collars ;)