Anyone heard

Guest MOLLY

Guest MOLLY

Last year there was a link put on a forum, i think it was DEFRA trying to put a ban on people walking a few dogs at once. Been told today it was passed a short while ago that it is illegal for one person to walk more than 4 dogs.

I knackered whatever i do now....cant smoke, cant hunt and now cant walk my dogs!!! nono.gifrealmad.gif

MOLL.

Guest baldie

before much longer, this country is gonna f*****g explode, then they will ask be wondering why. I gave up with the fags 3 week ago, before the b*****ds tell me i,m giving up, b*****ds AAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Guest Corkonian

I think it's the same here: 3 dogs to one person when they're on leads.

But you can walk as many as you want off the leads once they're under your 'effective control' and collared and tagged.

Drivers on the road have to obey you're hand signals too when you're in charge of animals. I take my 7 only the odd time on roads but always stop any car till we pass - never get any hassel for it as most people know they have no choice.

Guest baldie

hounds are not the same, in law. Did you know its perfectly legal to have a full pack in a sheep field, rioting, or whatever, and the farmer has no recourse in law?

Seriously? But does he have the right to shoot hounds if they're hunting through his sheep field and he thinks they're hunting them?? Sheep really are one thing i hate, they start going mad at the sound of the hounds, nevermind being in the same field.

To be honest really wouldn't expect a farmer to report us, we just sometimes get a stern word, but once we get talking and they see who we are they mostly settle down. The odd time you get a psycho farmer out with the shotgun, had a few dodgy moments really not funny at the time, but in the pub after you can smile about them!!! I'm sure you know the score!

Farmers are the people you need to keep sweet though, they all seem to know each other, and if you upset one too much you could end up lossing a few good meets.

Guest baldie

No Des the farmer doesnt have the right. A dog can legally be shot, if in the same field as sheep, and off a lead, whether it is chasing them or not, however, the owner then has the right to sue the farmer for willful destruction of property, if he shoots the dog.None of this applies to a pack of hounds, they are treated differently in law, and this law probarbly harks back 2 or 3 hundred years i would guess, as its designed to protect the rich.