decoy question

i have been feeding a splash on an estuary marsh with barley and peelings with the intention of shooting evening flights into it,now theres mallard and widgeon about with the teal comming in later,

my question is: would you advise putting both mallard and widgeon deeks on the slpash (i have both) will both species decoy in regardless should i mix up the pattern or seperate the species on the water if advised to use both??

this will be my second season fowling last season being a reckie really with me getting used to the tides,gutters etc etc,

i will try and post some pics if i get a dry day to take the camera out when feeding!

all advise greatly appreciated.

cheers

jason

Edited by jayhawk

If the ducks are coming into it at night i wouldnt bother with decoys, to much extra weight to carry.

Having said that if you have your heart set on using your decoys use them it wont do any harm, it wont matter what decoys you use, just having any out will make the ducks more confident.

Good luck with it.

i have been feeding a splash on an estuary marsh with barley and peelings with the intention of shooting evening flights into it,now theres mallard and widgeon about with the teal comming in later,

my question is: would you advise putting both mallard and widgeon deeks on the slpash (i have both) will both species decoy in regardless should i mix up the pattern or seperate the species on the water if advised to use both??

this will be my second season fowling last season being a reckie really with me getting used to the tides,gutters etc etc,

i will try and post some pics if i get a dry day to take the camera out when feeding!

all advise greatly appreciated.

cheers

jason

Are you in a wildfowling club? If so can i ask which?