pulsar challenger and illuminater ir reticle.

Sako you're getting good, spot on :thumbs:

Don't know about good, but Im learning. Trouble is when you haven't actually used the nv in question you doubt yourself.

The nv's accounted for a couple of charlies on the weekend 2 last night and 1 on friday. Only out for an hour or so each night as rain stopped play but nice to be able to get out earlier with it though as the nights are drawing in.

do you use the challenger add on yourself .i have just picked up a pulsar to try .

I don't use or haven't even looked through a challenger which was why I 'doubted' my reply. Im only shooting foxes and the magority of shots is in excess of 100yrds so the challenger doesn't really suit my needs.

It will be interesting to here how you think the challenger compares to your N550, give us a review of your findings.

do you use the challenger add on yourself .i have just picked up a pulsar to try .

Quick tip if you haven't used it? depends on the scope but turn the fast focus fully out (6 turns on the mamba) and then inwards to get the cross hairs perfectly visible (half a turn on the mamba). :)

I don't use or haven't even looked through a challenger which was why I 'doubted' my reply. Im only shooting foxes and the magority of shots is in excess of 100yrds so the challenger doesn't really suit my needs.

It will be interesting to here how you think the challenger compares to your N550, give us a review of your findings.

I've got the pulsar challenger gs1 aback a MTC Mamba 16x50 with the N1000AP IR laser + DSA.... must say they are a spot on combination... obviously as someone has said you can't use the illuminated retecule for fear of burning the tube, although additionally you will see a ghost reticule on the mamba which isn't particularly useful.

However the above setup its more than capable out to 120 odd yards, far surpasses the range of my AAS410k .177, have it set pretty much perfectly at 10x mag with the sunshade on and can achieve 120 yards crystal clear (used when spotting just watching the foxes play in the distane).

Edited by Rommels