pen thoughts and ideas

hello mate iv just been building sum new kennels out of blocks three seprit kennels tiles on the roof day beds electricity and drainage. they just need dashed now. ill get some pictures up asap mate and hopfuly you can get a few ideas of them atb fm p.s if you have eny problems questions ill help you out all i can mate foxing machine :thumbs:

Get the drainage stored out so the cleaning up is easy. Also a good slope on the floor so that the water/ piss drains off well and stays dry. I have seen some really gd set ups where the run falls to the back of the pen from the door to the front into a concrete gutter that runs to the sewer. Cleaning out was a doddle and the bed where raised above the floor at the back. so to clean out dog was told to go to its bed and then the run was washed out. another thing is to get the floor dead smooth so that the shit does not grip into anything.

• Like 5

Not much help from me as we have converted our stables into kennels using Reeves partitions. Still got a lot to sort out but what Rob 84 is saying is brilliant advise as cleaning out can be difficult if you havent got the right slope. I will watch this post with interest as i think I can learn a lot for our own kennel design. :thumbs:

cracking set up up there mate :thumbs: just bought a pallet of facing brick been donated :angel: some desent mesh haha and some welsh slate for the roof and some corrageted steel all for the tidy sum of 60 quid so not to bad up to now :thumbs: has any one got any pics of theres they can put up

Edited by border lakeland