mike brown

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go again fasten them seat belts.......

You talk so much shit mate, what a total divi you are.

Mike as probably seen and done more with is Whippets than any one around that why he got a good name and pedigree i.ve never came across a bad one or the x's with that pedigree in the mix

Guest born to run1083

aye but to say every dog that comes out of a one mans kennel all make the grade is either blind or losing a few screws, you gotta be honest jai some dont make it, there just like any other working lines get some good some bad. but the biggest thing is what do you personally expect from the dog as each mans standards are different to the next mans .

Edited by born to run1083
aye but to say every dog that comes out of a one mans kennel all make the grade is either blind or losing a few screws, you gotta be honest jai some dont make it, there just like any other working lines get some good some bad. but the biggest thing is what do you personally expect from the dog as each mans standards are different to the next mans .

Yes mate. . . that is true, and kind of stating the obvious don't you think? Where did i say every one was a 'world beater'???? I said, go find one that was / is shit???

You get a lot of folk slating the mans dogs, and those folk usually cannot hold up an example of a shitty dog from him. But will say his dogs are shitty

Of course some dogs do not make 'the grade' (?), there will be a variable level of attainment across/amongst pups from him, but as most are bought as rabbiting dogs, most pretty much do 'make the grade', and the pups he produces are very 'consistent' in attitude, prey drive and ability from what i have seen.

So which of these dogs didn't make it mate, or are you just taking 'in theory'???

Guest born to run1083

i agree what your saying to a point alot slate his dogs without seeing any actually work. but as you know by our discussions before I have had the luxury to of seen a good few work including your own. there's no theory behind it at all but by saying that there arnt any crap ones out there isn't true I've seen now around 4 work direct breed from him and 3 or 4 breed out of his stuff/lines 3 in there trade work well, one is crap, poor strike, prey drive seriously to the point Its out of control can't even be used in the day and now in a pet home he was owned by t.r from Gloucester ,3 breed from his lines 2 do the job well and the other is just making it if being generous. like said depends what you expect out of a dog.

just thought I'd add I'm not slating his dogs just his litters are just like most working mans some good some bad but that's the name of the game

Edited by born to run1083
i agree what your saying to a point alot slate his dogs without seeing any actually work. but as you know by our discussions before I have had the luxury to of seen a good few work including your own. there's no theory behind it at all but by saying that there arnt any crap ones out there isn't true I've seen now around 4 work direct breed from him and 3 or 4 breed out of his stuff 3 in there trade work well, one is crap, poor strike, prey drive seriously to the point Its out of control can't even be used in the day and now in a pet home he was owned by t.r from Gloucester ,3 breed from his lines 2 do the job well and the other is just making it if being generous. like said depends what you expect out of a dog.

just thought I'd add I'm not slating his dogs just his litters are just like most working mans some good some bad but that's the name of the game

I know what you are saying Jamie and i agree with you mate, it's like any other litter, you will never get 100% success, i never claimed that, it's just always worth asking if those who are slating the mans dogs have ACTUALLY seen a bad one? And a bad one for their breed, rather than in comparison to other x's or breeds.

I just think stating 'there are good and bad in any x' or 'not every dog in the litter will be a world beater' is a pointless thing to say as it's an obvious fact of life / the world.

Out of interest were any of the 'bad ones' direct from Mike?

I have seen a decent number direct from mike work and have yet to see a pot licker.

And finally (and this is no insult) but you have not seen my dog 'work'. You will i hope soon though.

Guest born to run1083

aye no what your saying but I would never class or think of any dog as a world beater plus t.r's whip was direct from mike. bloke had 20years of whips and he claimed it was was the worste he had, I saw it work around a half a dozen times and it was not a great sight I must add. he had all the traits on card you would want but couldn't use them or link them together how most running dogs would. which was a shame, suppose I havnt seen your whip work in his trade but have been out and seem him run twice, just for clarification mate I think you've got a good dog he's one of the good ones in my list in above post. and can't wait to see him at what you use him for. all I can do Is give an honest opinion on what I've seen and believe. and I will stick to my guns and say he's like most genuine dog men and he does provided good working whips but there like most dog mens litters some good some bad.

aye no what your saying but I would never class or think of any dog as a world beater plus t.r's whip was direct from mike. bloke had 20years of whips and he claimed it was was the worste he had, I saw it work around a half a dozen times and it was not a great sight I must add. he had all the traits on card you would want but couldn't use them or link them together how most running dogs would. which was a shame, suppose I havnt seen your whip work in his trade but have been out and seem him run twice, just for clarification mate I think you've got a good dog he's one of the good ones in my list in above post. and can't wait to see him at what you use him for. all I can do Is give an honest opinion on what I've seen and believe. and I will stick to my guns and say he's like most genuine dog men and he does provided good working whips but there like most dog mens litters some good some bad.

Fairplay matey, i'd be interested to know how t.r's dog would have turned out in someone elses hands? Sounds an interesting case?

I'm not really entirely sure what we are talking about? Of course you get good and less good dogs in any one litter / line, as i said, that's a fact of life.

All i was trying to say, is in general, before listening to those who slate the man and his dogs (as often happens on here), try asking them about what their personal experiences are with said dogs, and whether their negative opinions are based upon the dogs, or the man (or idea of him).

Before you listen to all the bullshit from the knockers, see if you can find anyone with a dog out of him who says it is / was shit.

P.s - i wouldn't part with mine for anything.

Just for the record jamie - the above statement was meant to mean -

- Before listening to the knockers, see if you can find one, with a dog from mike that is / was shit.

I.e - see if those that slate his dogs, do so because they have had a bad dog from him, or if they are just bumping their gums.

NOT

- I don't think there are any dogs from him that are not great.

Maybe you missunderstood ?

To be honest i didn't make myself very clear, i may have had the odd tinny as well. . . . . .

Ah well, i think we managed to confirm the obvious.

Mike Brown breeds some cracking whippets, but like any man, breeding any litter, there will always be some that are not as good as others, and some that are just a bit poo.

I will say though, he seems to have a pretty good success rate, in comparison to many.