i knew it would be frustrating

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so i finally started the dog on the lamp, she is getting on age wise now, 18 months, has only caught one rabbit, and i helped a great deal, that was months ago and i was still ridiculously pleased tha

totally agree, i have been close to losing it a bit with her, but so far i am keeping myself in check. i know theres no point and it will go against me in the end. tbh i am in a way kind of glad she i

i think what ever tablets you take you need to increase the dose

i dont take tablets mate, i smoke MY medication.

well there is were your problems lie have you tried lamping at night

haha you fuuunny me go smoke now kk

nothing wrong with a bit of good greeen smoke every now and then chap. nicer than a pint at the end of the day.

nothing wrong with a bit of good greeen smoke every now and then chap. nicer than a pint at the end of the day.

good luck with your dog mate

good luck with your dog mate

cheers

Guest annette jackman

rant away haha. Mine was 3 when she started, still training started her on the ferrets and then letting them go if scruff grass to learn the pick up keep going to many give up on young dogs to early and off the pound they go.

rant away haha. Mine was 3 when she started, still training started her on the ferrets and then letting them go if scruff grass to learn the pick up keep going to many give up on young dogs to early and off the pound they go.

How many ferrets did you have to give it to get it going then ? lol

Guest annette jackman

How many ferrets did you have to give it to get it going then ? lol

arrh yes that sounded like am feeding her ferrets soz haha, she'll get my kit if he does not stop trying to eat my boots lol ment rabbits

nice honest post mate,your right you arent on your own we,ve all had some thing or other happen to us very similar to this. My first dog jack or big jack as he was known in the end he isnt alive now sadly any way i had jack when i was a kid my first even lurcher of my own i was so chuffed with my dog he was saluki greyhound x collie greyhound he,d come from some travellers off the fens any way i had him as a pup in the september of 99 and the september of 2000 i starting him i used to lamp in a subaru with the lads in those days this dog was brilliant in the day had a couple of bunnies though he was the dogs dangles 1st night lamping i slipped him on a bunny he ran it like a guddan you think i could get him back?NOT a chance the lads were slagging me blind any way for i went home feeling gutted. I didnt take that dog out for ages i even got another dog to run i just losty heart in him me old man used to walk him after that then when he was 2 i decided to have another go with him. I took him out on this land of me mates first bunny i slipped him on he picked it up and half retrieved it like a guddan i couldnt believe it, he went on to be a crackin old dog for me in the end and he did have a mind of his own at times but sometimes it did pay off . I think you give that dog abit of time itll do the job for yah mate :thumbs:

nice honest post mate,your right you arent on your own we,ve all had some thing or other happen to us very similar to this. My first dog jack or big jack as he was known in the end he isnt alive now sadly any way i had jack when i was a kid my first even lurcher of my own i was so chuffed with my dog he was saluki greyhound x collie greyhound he,d come from some travellers off the fens any way i had him as a pup in the september of 99 and the september of 2000 i starting him i used to lamp in a subaru with the lads in those days this dog was brilliant in the day had a couple of bunnies though he was the dogs dangles 1st night lamping i slipped him on a bunny he ran it like a guddan you think i could get him back?NOT a chance the lads were slagging me blind any way for i went home feeling gutted. I didnt take that dog out for ages i even got another dog to run i just losty heart in him me old man used to walk him after that then when he was 2 i decided to have another go with him. I took him out on this land of me mates first bunny i slipped him on he picked it up and half retrieved it like a guddan i couldnt believe it, he went on to be a crackin old dog for me in the end and he did have a mind of his own at times but sometimes it did pay off . I think you give that dog abit of time itll do the job for yah mate :thumbs:

cheers mate, some days she is really good at coming back, and others just not so good, depends how hyper she is!

i usually do not comment on peoples posts on this site but i will on this post as i can see a lot of people are trying to help out this man ,and are using their spare time in giving him some good advice .i went to see this man a few weeks ago regarding a bull x bitch and a jackruss/staff pup.when i went to his house he had numerous other dogs in his runs including 2 lurcher pups,lakeland pups and adult lakeland and the dogs he had advertised for sale.there is nothing wrong in regard to this as he can have as many as he likes.whilst talking to him he said he had to get rid of some as his neighbours were not very happy,and he had more dogs which he kept on a farm.i did not buy either of dogs for sale for the following reasons. 1 bull x bitch was too small for my liking . 2 jack/staff looked nothing like picture. 3 the reason for selling seemed to be varying whilst talking to him.on leaving his house we were talking by our car with our dogs on leads out having a stretch from being in the car ,when a neighbour passing in his car stopped and asked him if he was BUYING MORE DOGS.the lurcher he is having problems with has been advertised on another site ( freeads ) for a few days.the reason i know is i spotted a bull x lurcher for sale and phoned him up and it was the same man i had previously visited ( in pembroke dock ) when i asked why it was so cheap ( £ 100 ) as it looked a cracking type and that there must be something wrong with it at that price .he admitted to me that he was having trouble with it retrieving when lamping ,although he had only been out a few times with him on lamp ( and that he had asked on thl for advice ) which i found strange because when previously talking to him he said he had done a lot of lamping in the past so i thought he would have already known why he was having problems. he then said he had just had it off his friend a couple of days earlier and he was only making a small ammount on it.the dog was not broken to stock , not very good jumping and was hunting on and a bit stubborn returning when lamping.this lurcher is now for sale at £ 50 as of 27/08/11.the reason i have spent time writing this up , is to try and prevent more people on here wasting any more time trying to help him out with retrieving advice when the lurcher is being sold and to highlight to anyone who maybe interested in buying the bull x ,or any future dogs he may be trying to sell ,that this man is a classic dxx pxxxxxr imho. atb

collie greyhound bull greyhound

£ 50

Pembroke Dock

Save

hes 26inch tts, 12 month old, very fast, has had a few rabbits on the lamp needs bringing on good in kennel, car and with other dogs

freeads -lurcher -search on page 1 collie greyhound bull greyhound