Northern Ireland, Hunting laws and dogs travel

no its not .... if you dont know what your talking about why reply.

the IRISH hare was protected by a temporary protection order .... which was not renewed this year so means there is no protection for them ...

the brown hare was never protected so has always been legal to hunt ...

now what is banned is the organised coursing meets , the beagles are still allowed to hunt and so are the lurchers

so as from 4 days ago (start of the season for hare in NI) any hare is fair game

well you mite be right chid, but any farmer that i talk to in any part of NI tell you dont kill any hares or your off and dont come back. a lot of farmers are not happy about dogs coursing around sheep. so tell your new mate stay away infact you go with him

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

don't believe all you hear about the land owners in the south being care free, we still have to work hard to gain permission.

well you mite be right chid, but any farmer that i talk to in any part of NI tell you dont kill any hares or your off and dont come back. a lot of farmers are not happy about dogs coursing around shee

Who in the name of god is Sticky Vicky yous are on about . I thought this was about a hair coursing ban ,     well this one here looks a right Sticky Vicky

Posted Images

no its not .... if you dont know what your talking about why reply.

the IRISH hare was protected by a temporary protection order .... which was not renewed this year so means there is no protection for them ...

the brown hare was never protected so has always been legal to hunt ...

now what is banned is the organised coursing meets , the beagles are still allowed to hunt and so are the lurchers

so as from 4 days ago (start of the season for hare in NI) any hare is fair game

i know boys from the north it is banned dont you get caught with lurchers and a hare together .get your facts right.

magners.... i have land i can hunt hare on over here .... it was rabbit/fox land but now the tpo on the irish hare as been lifted im allowed to run them to....

most farms i hunt have sheep on aswell and never had a problem...

madhare hunter if i was you id get your facts right lol ... someone like sacs should be able to tell you the change in the law ...

No formal coursing has taken place in Northern Ireland since 2002, as Ministers have refused the coursing clubs permission to net hares for coursing [23] and have protected them from being coursed or hunted under the Game Preservation (Northern Ireland) Act[83][84][85] and in June 2010 the Northern Ireland Assembly voted to ban the practise[86] however the measure has not yet completed it's legislative passage. The two Northern Ireland coursing clubs since 2002 have travelled to the Republic to hold meetings jointly with coursing clubs there.[25] Opinion polls commissioned by the League Against Cruel Sports as part of its campaigning have shown very strong public opposition to hare coursing from both urban and rural residents of Northern Ireland[87] and the Republic.

who is from ballybeen ??? cause im not and never have been ...

http://www.legislati...1/15/section/38

thats the law regarding hare.... notice it only says hare coursing EVENTS

you are :tongue2:

:laugh:

are you the wise men from the east,do you know sticky vicky from ballybean she knows how to course hares now its not the sticky vicky from benidorm what a girl :laugh:

Who in the name of god is Sticky Vicky yous are on about .

I thought this was about a hair coursing ban ,

well this one here looks a right Sticky Vicky :laugh:

she never looked like that with a few magners in me i would need 24pack till do that again :laugh: