Just reading fowlers moon what a read is there a good instructional book on wildfowling?

I have access to a couple of ponds and am feeding them up but no mentor so I want to read up and learn by my enevitable mistakes !

any titles I should buy ?

• 3 weeks later...

"Morning flight" by Peter Scott and "Kenzie the Wild Goose Man" by Colin Wilock are two of my favorites about wildfowling but "Tides ending" and "Dark Estuary" by BB are excellent. I dont think you will find better reads on the subject, and although not written to be instructional, you will learn loads. Truly excellent.

Just reading fowlers moon what a read is there a good instructional book on wildfowling?

I have access to a couple of ponds and am feeding them up but no mentor so I want to read up and learn by my enevitable mistakes !

couple of ponds...inland??

that isnt wildfowling!!

not much can go wrong on little ponds like it can on a marsh or the mud!

sit on the edge of it and wait...simples

couple of ponds...inland??

that isnt wildfowling!!

not much can go wrong on little ponds like it can on a marsh or the mud!

sit on the edge of it and wait...simples

fair shout thought there is enough to learn without all the tide, mud and other factors. I am more intrested in basics like shot, decoy patterns essential equipment. Felt I was best to master the basics in a safe enviroment before venturing onto the foreshore. you offerering to be a mentor ?

Ponds are close to me I also have access to pond very close to the foreshore I would just like a mentore to show me the fine points ! I like getting up to Yorkshire with the dogs cant get enough of them moors !!! what a place to live :thumbs: if I get up that way whats the chance of a flight ?

Ponds are close to me I also have access to pond very close to the foreshore I would just like a mentore to show me the fine points ! I like getting up to Yorkshire with the dogs cant get enough of them moors !!! what a place to live :thumbs: if I get up that way whats the chance of a flight ?

I think it would help if you put your location and then more folks would be willing to help you out, you could be anywhere. ;)

I think it would help if you put your location and then more folks would be willing to help you out, you could be anywhere. ;)

fair shout Harry Cat its in surrey and a bit in sussex