some info on ferret

Hi guys

need some help here, my ferret has come into season, its the middle of winter here so she should not be but she is where we have bbqs and the fluro lights must of made her come on

what i want to know is

1. will a male mate with her at this time of year?

2. shes 6 months old, born 19 dec last year, would that be ok as she would not of come into season for another 4 months

3. if its not ok to mate her this young then i will try and get a male hob thats been snipped...

ive only noticed it today, her bits are the size of a pea

thanks all

Hi guys

need some help here, my ferret has come into season, its the middle of winter here so she should not be but she is where we have bbqs and the fluro lights must of made her come on

what i want to know is

1. will a male mate with her at this time of year?

2. shes 6 months old, born 19 dec last year, would that be ok as she would not of come into season for another 4 months

3. if its not ok to mate her this young then i will try and get a male hob thats been snipped...

ive only noticed it today, her bits are the size of a pea

thanks all

To be quite honest mate I think she’s too young to have a litter just yet, let her grow up first. Unless your hob’s have been in the same light etc I doubt if they are ready to do the bizz, if it were me I’d give her the jill jab just to be sure and give her proper winter daylight hours. I’m not a fan of the jill jab, imo it can cause problems if given regularly over a number of years but the odd occasion should be ok......In the first instance as she's not too large going by your description you could try leaving her for a 3/4 weeks in winter light see if she 'comes off' on her own!