shooting with terriers

I've seen some very good bushing dogs on some big shoots.

I realise my terrier will never be a retriever but I have she is the best busher I've evver seen .

Atb

myles

what other breeds of dog are on your shoot?

Collie

Chiwawa

a geriatric whippet

and one guy who brings his cat

:laugh:

FTB

:laugh: ..............i'd still vote the cat as top busher..... :D

I have a leggy russel and I've never seen a gun dog do better than her .

Best thing about her is that she was rescued from the pound.

Our shoot is informal and the more dogs beating the better but without a doubht my terrier and a mates russels are the best there .

Atb

myles

Why do these posts keep popping up now and again........pmsl everytime. If its not a lurcher being a better retriever than a gundog we've now got terriers better than bushing gundogs at 'there' job. Just cause you aint seen it doesn't make them better mate....it doesn't say much for your mates gundogs in your little shoot.... :thumbs:

I know of a labrador that has caught a few hares on shoot days(not a joke).

Could be the new lurcher.

FTB

My big Lab' has caught a couple of deer now too mate...................f**k this i'm off to the Lurcher section to tell them there missing a trick.... :whistling:

how much 4 your big lab :laugh:

Our shoot is informal and the more dogs beating the better but without a doubht my terrier and a mates russels are the best there .

Atb

myles

Why do these posts keep popping up now and again........pmsl everytime. If its not a lurcher being a better retriever than a gundog we've now got terriers better than bushing gundogs at 'there' job. Just cause you aint seen it doesn't make them better mate....it doesn't say much for your mates gundogs in your little shoot.... :thumbs:

FTB

My big Lab' has caught a couple of deer now too mate...................f**k this i'm off to the Lurcher section to tell them there missing a trick.... :whistling:

Even the recent Euro millions winners couldn't afford him mate....................... :laugh:

Atb

myles

FTB

Even the recent Euro millions winners couldn't afford him mate....................... :laugh:

why is it that as soon as someone asks a shooting related question you don your mr. sarcasim hat?why not just answer the question or not?

Atb

myles

FTB

why is it that as soon as someone asks a shooting related question you don your mr. sarcasim hat?why not just answer the question or not?

I never answered the question because i dont know what terrier would be best for bushing. I replied to a post about terriers being better than gundogs. Did you read all the thread?... :blink:

Atb

myles

Better than any gundog youve ever seen? You might want to go see some then for a start :thumbs:

Atb

myles

FTB

I never answered the question because i dont know what terrier would be best for bushing. I replied to a post about terriers being better than gundogs. Did you read all the thread?... :blink:

he never asked which terrier would be best for bushing did you read all the thread? look mate i don't want to get into an argument but everytime someone asks a question about shooting dogs if it is'nt about labs you answer sarcky,we all like different things it does'nt make one man right and another wrong,if this guy wants to beat with terriers his look out, my spaniels are probably no where near your labs standard but i'm happy with them,the point i am trying to make is surely if you know more about the shooting feild than someone like this guy posting or myself then constructively help us no need for sarcasim

saw a beddie / border cross when i was beating a few year back the owner said it was the result of an accidental mating from his wifes pet beddie and his mother in laws pet border had 2 pups mother in law kept one he had the other a bitch put it to work and from an early age showed promise it bushed, flushed, picked up retrieved , worked well with ferrets and caught rats for fun ..

Edited by the_stig

Atb

myles

FTB

,the point i am trying to make is surely if you know more about the shooting feild than someone like this guy posting or myself then constructively help us no need for sarcasim

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Atb

myles

FTB

he never asked which terrier would be best for bushing did you read all the thread? look mate i don't want to get into an argument but everytime someone asks a question about shooting dogs if it is'nt about labs you answer sarcky,we all like different things it does'nt make one man right and another wrong,if this guy wants to beat with terriers his look out, my spaniels are probably no where near your labs standard but i'm happy with them,the point i am trying to make is surely if you know more about the shooting feild than someone like this guy posting or myself then constructively help us no need for sarcasim

Right i'll hold my hands up there i got mixed up with this thread and another 1 but the topic is the same. I replied to a post about terriers being better than gundogs at there job did i not? Yes i get miffed at people trying to say that other breeds are better than gundogs at there own game, why wouldn't i? I put the time in with my dogs and enjoy working them and they do as i ask. If i was to go on the terrier section and start a thread entitled " My mates cocker is better than any terrier underground"......i surely would get shot down...and rightly f*****g so!!

Edited to say.............This is the thread i ment, it is about what terrier would be best for beating/bushing ffs....... :icon_eek:

Atb

myles

FTB

:laugh::thumbs:

Atb

myles

FTB

Right i'll hold my hands up there i got mixed up with this thread and another 1 but the topic is the same. I replied to a post about terriers being better than gundogs at there job did i not? Yes i get miffed at people trying to say that other breeds are better than gundogs at there own game, why wouldn't i? I put the time in with my dogs and enjoy working them and they do as i ask. If i was to go on the terrier section and start a thread entitled " My mates cocker is better than any terrier underground"......i surely would get shot down...and rightly f*****g so!!

Edited to say.............This is the thread i ment, it is about what terrier would be best for beating/bushing ffs....... :icon_eek:

fair enougth ,true answer,i can't argue with that