Highseats/Hightowers

I bought one of the cheapo highseats,and wasn't at all happy with it as the rest was not adjustable and was not in the right place,so,I had a new top end made for it out of ally box section,here is a few pics......

Original....

DSC00116.jpg

and with new top....

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

Martin

Yep, I can see what you mean Martin, in the original photo it was defintiely not in the right place.....looked like it was in someones garden, I am glad you went with moving it to the woodland area instead . Good job, nice location, has it paid dividends yet.

Actually Dave it was ina garden,but,I had a lot of deer out of it mate,till the field was sold and I lost the permission,so,over to the market garden it went,and it has only been there a week or so.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I had a few piccies in my photo bucket achive but must have deleted them, I will take some piccies next time I am up which wont be for a few weeks, This fuel price job is making me cut ba

Davie   There are always at least two versions to every story. Thats why such matters often end up before the courts in order for them to decide in an unbiased manner which version is nearest the ac

Posted Images

I came across this simple wooden ladder and platform high seat in a wood the other day, it looked like it hadn't been used for a while but maybe it was effective in its day

post-19182-0-27200600-1312112266_thumb.jpg

Sometimes simplicity is the key Dave

I thought I had a few piccies in my photo bucket achive but must have deleted them, I will take some piccies next time I am up which wont be for a few weeks, This fuel price job is making me cut back a little on my outings up their.

With not having any portable high seats lending them out dosen't effect me, but I know a chap on here who lent one to another chap on here, and when he asked for it back he claims that he never lent it to him and its caused a lot of ill feeling and ended up in court. and also claimed it got stolen,

Poor chaps now out of pocket with trying to get renumerated for his loss .

Stu

I understand that the FC have plans drawn for the construction of a Thetford Tower. However I have been unable to track a set down. Do you know of a link or web page that might have a set?

I'm pretty certain there was a thread on SD about Thetford Towers but can't find it.

Give me a few days and I will re do the drawings of the design and method of operandi using an A frame and block and tackle on how to erect it vertical.

Its taken on site flat packed already pre drilled for threaded bar and washers to spread the load not a screw or nail in it except for screwing the exterior ply on the shooting hut on top all put together on site then erected and stayed off.

We usually concrete 4 corner pillars and place a block on each then bed to ground beams between the two composed of reinforced concretre lintols to give us a universal displaced loading , it also prevents capillary action of moisture going up the end grain of the timber which means they towers have a greater length of longlevity.

I should add they arnt cheap

Cost us in materials alone £320 per seat and 2 days for me making them and another 2 days constructing them on site and erecting them so be aware of that unless you have a ready supply of protomised timber thats doing nowt :tongue2: I know I shit mysen when i added it all up the cost involved to build just two :D

Regards

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

We can recouping material and construction costs against reduced professional indemnity insurance costs and corporation taxes. We'll be claiming the VAT back too.

Recreational stalkers will just have to write the additional costs off as the price they have to pay for enjoying their hobby.

Have been advised that Thetford Towers can be constructed from reclaimed telephone poles. Which makes things relatively simple. Just waiting to have a chat with the man that should know. I have a contact with a chainsaw wood mill who'll cut them as long as we pay for his chains.

I thought I had a few piccies in my photo bucket achive but must have deleted them, I will take some piccies next time I am up which wont be for a few weeks, This fuel price job is making me cut back a little on my outings up their.

With not having any portable high seats lending them out dosen't effect me, but I know a chap on here who lent one to another chap on here, and when he asked for it back he claims that he never lent it to him and its caused a lot of ill feeling and ended up in court. and also claimed it got stolen,

Poor chaps now out of pocket with trying to get renumerated for his loss .

Stu

I understand that the FC have plans drawn for the construction of a Thetford Tower. However I have been unable to track a set down. Do you know of a link or web page that might have a set?

I'm pretty certain there was a thread on SD about Thetford Towers but can't find it.

This is what you want 'GP'...........

YooperDeerStand.jpg

Simply take it off its wheels! Its a manual hydraulic system. It designed to be sited and erected by grunts with the mental capacity of a fence stob and the ability to break anything built by man with their bare hands. So its rather "robust" in its construction. I guess it wouldn't be that difficult to install an electric hydraulic pump with a remote control though.

We had a look at the mil -surp and ex hire cherry picker high seats a couple of years ago. Over priced and the mil-surp ones were so over engineered and heavy you needed a 4X4 3 tonne truck to tow them IIRC the single seat manual hydraulic ones started at about £5K the double seat electric pumped ones were over £7K. You've got to shoot a lot of roe to make that investment back.

I know a lad that made his own having brought one at a bankrupt dispersal auction. Now that's worth considering if any one fancies having a go.