pigeons on swathed rape

Thought i'd have a quick walk out with gun and pup this morning,did'nt expect to see about 1000 birds swathed rape.Sat in corner for an hour shot about 50! going to go back better prepared later in week!

That's encouraging - mine is getting cut this week and I'm feeling the withdrawal symptoms of not decoying woodies! :wallbash:

Cheers

Duncan

Me and me mate had a go on another field on thurs, got 41 we shot poorly, should of had loads more!Trying to keep them off 3 fields close together was a mare!!! We should of taken some flags! o well must remember next time.Still enjoyed it though don't get to shoot together much.

HAD A GO YESTERDAY COUPLE HOURS GOT 14 10 THEM WERE SCEMMIES WOODIES WERE JUST NOT FLIGHTING TO US 2 GUNS SOMETIMES THINGS HAVE TO BE SET OUT PERFECT DECOYS VERY GOOD CONCEALMENT ETC, SEEN US JUST GET OUT HIDE UP, DECOYS OUT AND GET CONSTANT SPORT WAS A LARGE FIELD PLUS PLENTY CUTTING GOING ON, DO YOU RUN SPRINGERS ON MAXUSMAN 1973 HOW MANY YOU GOT, GOOD SHOOTING DABCHICK

Edited by DABCHICK

Only one springer at minute,normal have a springer and a lab but got old springer put down in 2009 then lab died 10 weeks later! So was left with none! Got this one last year she's 18 month now doing well, she know's what it's all about and learning all the time she'll be a good un! Will get another prob next year so theres a couple of years between them.