gun shot causes accident

hi all im unsure what section this should be in, so here will do.

after returning from work last friday i was imformed that a horse rider had been admitted to the local hospital

from an accident involving a discharged shotgun which resulted in a run away horse serious head injuries and a broken ankle,

i didnt know where or the facts so i assumed it was some story blown out of all proportion,

then it came the dreaded call from a friend, yes it was near one of my permissions and yes the girl was in a bad way,i also knew of her.

my first thought was i hope she is ok,

,the only saving grace was i knew i had nothing to do with this as i was at work from 9am till 6 pm and this happened at lunch time,

i visited the farmer who ownes the land straight away as i didnt want to be blamed for something i had not done and lose this shoot.,on arrival at the farm i knocked on the door

he let me in and i started to ask whats happened on the land,and explined i was working all day he beleived a horse rider had been going down a public highway adjacent to his land and someone had waited till she was near them and then fired into the air causing the riders horse to bolt and eventually throwing her off causing a severe head and ankle injury,then the shooter vanished ,he said the police had been and he had told them i am the one who does his pest control but it wouldnt have been me as he trusted me to be sensible,hence

i still have the permission thank god,but still feel sorry for the young lady rider,

later that day i was walking my dogs on the permission being nosey when walking the other way was three police men and a sniffer dog ,as we passed they asked if i had seen anything

,i explained who i was and that i look after this land,told them my name and they all ready had it and was planning to come see me later that night,it flagged up as i have this land down

on my fac for shooting my .223 .22. and17hmr,i explained my where abouts,they checked me out on the phone to and said they had done with me now and was going to visit everyone in the village with a shotgun certificate the next day,i hear today that someone local has been arrested for discharging a firearm on private property and causing GBH, and armed tresspass i hope this is true as it makes genuine honest shooters like me and many of you outbthere look bad and in turn we could lose our permissions because of some total idiot shooting where he pleases having no respect for anyone or anything.

this could have easyly been a death as the girl was riding alone she managed to call her friend for help, so have any of u come accross a situation like this or has anyone lost permission through someone else taking the mick,

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

I've had people ride past behind me when clay shooting and luckikly I've caught them out of the corner of my eye and stopped, I have also had people ride through the middle of my Land when I've been out pigeon shooting none of them had permission luckily I spotted them before they got too close and went and had a "CHAT" with them warning them how dangerous it is to tresspass when there could be people

shooting and how if they had an accident due to me not seeing them I am liable even tho there trespassing, I have since made a couple of small signboards saying "shooting in progress" which I put out at the gateways just to try and prevent it happening again. Another incident was while out game shooting 2 riders rode straigt in fronnt of a line of guns and then proceeded to ride towards us! I know your post was about someone with no permission but it can so easily happen to legal shooters especialy when tracks run behind you, how many of us check 360• before taking a shot, not many!

Glad to hear the girls on the mend and they've caught the tosser!! who was On your permission,

ATB

Rob-o

Another incident was while out game shooting 2 riders rode straigt in fronnt of a line of guns and then proceeded to ride towards us!

I know we can get paranoid but . . . were they antis? And is someone trying to drop twotwothree in the brown stuff?

Ric