new borns

hi, just had some kits born this morning, all looks well and the mother is looking after them well (its her first time, and mine!). Just wondering how many weeks is it before they are ready to leave the mother and be sold.:thumbs: also any tips for a first timer.

Edited by No1FerretKeeper

hi, just had some kits born this morning, all looks well and the mother is looking after them well (its her first time, and mine!). Just wondering how many weeks is it before they are ready to leave the mother and be sold.:thumbs:

should be ready to take away from the mother at about 7,687,453 weeks :tongue2:

but seriously at 6 weeks they can be taken away but i'd say 8/10 is best,you will be lucky to avoid an earhole bashing for this...

Edited by web22

Don`t be in a hurry,, just to get some CASH!!,, the ferrets welfare comes first.. 8/10 weeks,, independant from the mother and in good health,, eating and drinking well, and in good shape, well handled as well,,,

ATB

Wait till there three weeks old and give them some rabbit , then when there spilling out the nest box you can count them and sex them and see what youve got ,Then run them on till eight to ten weeks and see if you can sell them when there hundreds on offer mate .Good luck

Wait till there three weeks old and give them some rabbit , then when there spilling out the nest box you can count them and sex them and see what youve got ,Then run them on till eight to ten weeks and see if you can sell them when there hundreds on offer mate .Good luck

You'll have the same problem soon enough mate. Baldy hob x black eyed silver (BEW with a haircut) haha. You might have to gee some away ;)...........

[Veedublee' timestamp=1309298534' post='2129843]

'The one' timestamp='1309112764' post='2126397']

]

You'll have the same problem soon enough mate. Baldy hob x black eyed silver (BEW with a haircut) haha. You might have to gee some away ;)...........

You got the wrong one's it my albino jills to his silver hobs i always give them away theres a wee inner circle over here thumbs.gifwhistling.gif