Couple of homemade catapults made today :O)

I made these 2 catapults today because I was so bored, the wood is some sort of dark hardwood 16mm thick which has a 1 mm veneer on one side as it came from an old dressing table....

I jigsawed the main shape out and used files rasps and sandpaper to finish, they just need the tops shortened and grooved and finished.

I thought it would look good to fit a 25mm compass on one which I had it looked pretty dam good but is only a tester but I lik em for first attemp :thumbs:

post-36249-0-83244900-1308950362_thumb.jpg

Fold a piece of A4 paper and draw your design over by the folded side but just draw half the handle and one side of the frame then cut out with scissors and open out ........a full shaped catapult template ready to go then i had a jigsaw fitted with a hacksaw blade its slow through the wood but leaves the edges smooth and perfect then just sand smooth file or sand the edges with slight bevel job done.

I drilled the bottom hole with a flat 25mm hole cutter bit but not all way through with the compass one as it sits inside just below surface ....hope that helps

Ps the template and design was just from memory and drawn free hand but remember draw half on foldd side then cut out and open up it will be ok, and those compasses available on e-bay or just google compasses they come in all shapes and sizes they look pretty good and is different :thumbs: