Falconers And Their Birds

jasper65

Lots of decent Pictures being stuck up latley but none of actual Falconer and their birds? I thought it would be nice if we could see some pic's of lads and birds so we get a rough idea who's who :yes:, sean the hawker and Fletch don't seem to mind and I know what Turk looks like by his DVD's, f**k any worries about Anti's lets get them put up hey, just a couple of me manning two different Finn males and another taken in 96 when I was alot leaner and alot fitter with a couple of good genniuine old school falconers.

I had a meet down here last year on Decemeber 17th, it would be nice to meet up with a few lads of the site this year and put some names to faces too....

Hello Berkutchi

You're a bit better looking than me mate ;), everything is heading south now from my head down wards :laugh:.

Bobs one of the Good guys in my mind and so is Ronny in the pic. he only lived a mile away from me and was a flying partner for a number of years! he packed up his Gos's in 2001 and moved around due to personal reasons but boy I miss him being about! I still here from him and had a card for the missus Birthday last week from India where he is staying, last year was the first time he didn't come and stay with us for a few years but hopefully he'll be over this year, the Guy commanded alot of respect in the late 70's and 80's when he was the first to Captive breed Goshawks with a Imported Finnish pair, boy did these birds throw some crackers not oon in size but also in other qualities too, I had a Male off "Marlyn" in the mid 90's and I must admit mate I still havn't managed to have one quite match this bird since.

Birds are not the main topic of conversation anymore when he's round, although he is still interested in the Breeding side of the Gos's and Flying, this is a quick pic when I was a lad with a little Kestrel and not showing all the stress lines I get these days :whistle:

You're right mate it was Ronnies Bird "Marlyn" flown in the "Phantom Of The Forest" survival program, this was a young female that came off Bobs Orignal first off flying bird "Belen", apparantly Ronnie called her Marlyn cause she was a big Blonde :D, how right he was.

The end sequence was a nice bit of footage when she plucked the Cock bird clean out fo the air in a long drawn out flight, these was big birds back then which are becoming hard to find these days! I flew "Belen" for a while when she was here and you could safely fly her near the 3lb mark at bunnie's, thats not bad for a P/R bird, I have her on video here too when she was 18 and she could still cut it on ground quarry no problem....

Thats it Jasper! :yes: ,shame that theirs so much lesser quality chucked out by a couple of bigger breeders ;) ,my finn/germans bigger than some of their so called finnish gosses.

Aint it funny becouse of them imprint gosses are all the rage!,wonder why? :whistle:

Do you fly imprints?

My 5/8 finn/german was partially c/r and wont stand for AI or breed natural either. :cry:

God don't start me off on Imprints! I have had many a bundle in the years with Imprint flyers who have this strange notion that birds reared this way are superior to P/R birds :hmm:.

I flew a few Imprinted Spars Berkutchi and made a arse of some of the first one's but also had some half decent one's! but the best one's always seemed to be the creched Birds, as for flying any other Imprints the answer is No! it takes a certain kind of temerament to take up a Imprint Pere or Gos or whatever and I'm sorry if it upsets anyone but I can't deal with it or do I want to, I much prefer taking up a bird reared by its Parents that Knows exactly what it is! the idea of taking up a nice wild untouched bird straight out of the aviary is in my opinion the essence of what Falconry is about, taking it up, feeding it on the fist, Manning it up, stepping it up, on the creance, Loose , and finally getting out taking some quarry with it!! now thats a seriouse Buzz and something to be proud of, I'm sure I would get far more satifaction out it than any Imprint as I'm sure you feel the same, I'm probably being a Hypocrite as I have a fair few Imprints here! but its for breeding only and certainly not for flying :victory:...

Thats would be a cracking idea Berkutchi, I'm sure we could all find something to do in the evening after the meet :drink::drink:

Millet you old poser! I hope I look that good when I get to 50 :whistle:, its funny how some birds get hooked on Eatenders :D...

You look a smoothy there Fletch ;) my missus neice was round up until 5 mins ago and she's was drooling at that pic mate! and there was me thinking the guy in your Avitar was you :whistle:.

Anyone would look smooth standing next to Eddie Hare, I found one with me and the bird last season.

I'd be up for a field meet too as long as it wasn't to far down that south.

I think it would be a cracking day or 2 if we all met up for a :drink: .. whoop's i meant field meeting.. ;):D ..

And on the 50 bit jasper ive only 15 year's to go :cry: .. then all my bit's will be going south aswell.. :laugh: ..

Millet

Oh mate you're a lucky man with 15 years to go, I'm down to 8 :cry:...