mollys surviving pups

Guest traceyg

Guest traceyg

Cheers for posting this tracey, youve done me a favour my missus wants me to breed my whippet also called molly by the way. But at 5years old ive got great reservations, would hate to lose what has been my best rabbiting dog, hope this will make her think twice. Good luck with the pups certainly look healthy little buggers. :victory:

It may be all good for you .But to be honest i wouldn't

A couple of quick questions Tracy, more I suppose to do with your vet, why were you feeding the pups?.

Why can't your bitch have pups in the future?.

Why couldn't he feel any movement in a lurcher type dog carrying nine pups?.Thanks.

Guest traceyg

A couple of quick questions Tracy, more I suppose to do with your vet, why were you feeding the pups?.

Why can't your bitch have pups in the future?.

Why couldn't he feel any movement in a lurcher type dog carrying nine pups?.Thanks.

Hi the 1st question is it was 1am when we got back from the vets and molly wasn't well enough to feed so i got a syringe from the vet and some puppy milk . molly didn't seam to be producing much milk and i couldn't get the pups to suck her( that took 2 days to get them to suck ) Well 5 of them the 6 wouldn't suck at all and i lost her at 10 days old . the vet had a feel and said he couldn't feel any movement but said after the amount of time she had been trying something was wrong . when the vet got them out as they had crossed over coming out and caused a block the only thing that saved them was they were in a lot of fluid . I wouldn't put molly through that again but she had to have her womb removed when he got the pups out . hope this helps .

Guest traceyg

I like the look of the last pup pic feeding of your finger with the White nose hope these pups are all spoken for

Going to add a pic of the two i am choosing between to keep its the one you like and another see what you think .

post-11694-0-55174100-1309109852_thumb.jpg

post-11694-0-40495200-1309109857_thumb.jpg

post-11694-0-61760200-1309109860_thumb.jpg

There's def something about the eyes on the brindle with the White patch on it's nose gonna be a good un I reckon.is it bitch or dog. there all cracking looking pups sure there all gonna do you proud

Edited by Baghdadnights

just going by the pics i would go for the white one on the left. Best to look at a pup up close and see what its characters like in the home and how gets on with its litter mates, then again i have never really picked a whippet before only terriers and collies. good luck in what ever you pick :thumbs: