what would you do?

looks like its another few months of recovery then a search for a decent pet home. which i dont expect to find so looks like he will be staying as a pet. ill just have to put all my effort into the pups and go another season without a dog who can do the job properly. i know getting a new dog isnt going to help much anyway as the whole bonding and getting another with problems is a possibility, but the pups i have are very very green and 1 is just now showing an intrest in chasing things and is far from actually being ready to be run at bunnys.

ide love to just move on and get a new dog but i just carnt even though i get myself worked up thinking about it i calm back down after a while.

his main problem is he is over keen. once he is on the chase thats it, he is very light in build and almost dosent look like he can control his long legs sometimes. he has yet to pick up a rabbit without being on his back sliding across the grass with his legs flying threw the air. he carnt turn and always ends up upside down when the bunny turns and then gets away.

i gave him loads of runs last year in the hope he would learn how to catch better but as of yet he still carnt and with him being so injury prone its a while in between runs for him to learn.

thanks for the advice guys but to be honest im still just doing what i knew i would be doing anyway.

looks like its another few months of recovery then a search for a decent pet home. which i dont expect to find so looks like he will be staying as a pet. ill just have to put all my effort into the pups and go another season without a dog who can do the job properly. i know getting a new dog isnt going to help much anyway as the whole bonding and getting another with problems is a possibility, but the pups i have are very very green and 1 is just now showing an intrest in chasing things and is far from actually being ready to be run at bunnys.

ide love to just move on and get a new dog but i just carnt even though i get myself worked up thinking about it i calm back down after a while.

his main problem is he is over keen. once he is on the chase thats it, he is very light in build and almost dosent look like he can control his long legs sometimes. he has yet to pick up a rabbit without being on his back sliding across the grass with his legs flying threw the air. he carnt turn and always ends up upside down when the bunny turns and then gets away.

i gave him loads of runs last year in the hope he would learn how to catch better but as of yet he still carnt and with him being so injury prone its a while in between runs for him to learn.

thanks for the advice guys but to be honest im still just doing what i knew i would be doing anyway.

atb jenky mate ,try the lurcher rescue mate :thumbs: