hi all looking to see if any of you have any experience of over turning a

firearms ban. it was given for a prison sentence given over six months

nothing violent about the sentence. it was a driving offence. and the ban is 5 years

any other questions needed will be answered

cheers

yes joe your right. you have no option either that or

stay in jail and still get the same at the end of your sentence.

any one have any ideas on over turning it

i should think it would be me against the plod to get rid. it might cost

but i think it would be worth it

what they are saying is if you are not reponsible enough to drive a car in accordance with the law, then you may not be deemed responsible enough to hold a Firearms.

I do know of a couple of guys who have 'spent' convictions who now hold firearms, but these were mister meaners that were committed over 2 decades ago, and since the said persons had settled down married had families and could prove a renewed sense of reform and responsibilty.

Inner politics I'm afraid...............sometimes it can happen, but in most cases you've got more chance of sh1tting in the queens handbag :( .

Depending on circumstances current legislation allows individuals who have served a prison term, provision to hold a shotgun certificate?? We at the Scottish Association for Countrysports have a member sentenced to an 18 month custodial sentence over 20 years ago, who will be shortly in receipt of his shotgun certificate. If an applicee is not banned by the courts or the current legislation he/she is entititled to a SC, An application fp a firearms cerificate is different and more stringent. There is no such thing as a spent conviction on firearms or shotgun applications, All convictions must be listed, I suggest you contact the Scottish Association for Countrysports (membership is open to the whole of the UK) for details and membership!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

nothing violent about the sentence. it was a driving offence. and the ban is 5 years

cheers

• 1 year later...

cheers

if you a basc member then ask them where you stand . personally i don`t fancy your chances mate . sorry

cheers

if you a basc member then ask them where you stand . personally i don`t fancy your chances mate . sorry

A car in the wrong hands is a dangerous weapon, a gun in the wrong hands is a lethal weapon, and you can’t have your cake and eat it.