hi there im fairly new to owning pups i have been rabbiting for a few years now but i have recentally bought a lurcher pup but im not sure when to start it off some people have told me 6 months and some people have said 10 months i was just wanting some opinions and any advice any 1 could give me would be much appreiciated

hello there and welcome.

what cross is your pup as it varys greatly throughout the breeds of lurchers as to what age to start them for example the smaller whippet crosses usually develop a bit earlier than the larger breeds.

the father to my pup is meant to be a wheaton greyhound x bullgreyhound and the mother is a second cross collie grey hound but im pretty sure there is some saluki in there some where and every 1 that sees it thinks the same

hello there and welcome.

what cross is your pup as it varys greatly throughout the breeds of lurchers as to what age to start them for example the smaller whippet crosses usually develop a bit earlier than the larger breeds.

the father to my pup is meant to be a wheaton greyhound x bullgreyhound and the mother is a second cross collie grey hound but im pretty sure there is some saluki in there some where and every 1 that sees it thinks the same

most who see a collie x thinks theres saluki in there lol i only ever had collie x and wouldent touch a saluki with a barge pole but thats me no offence to saluki owners :whistling:

hello there and welcome.

most who see a collie x thinks theres saluki in there lol i only ever had collie x and wouldent touch a saluki with a barge pole but thats me no offence to saluki owners :whistling:

i have nothing against salukis and i am fairly new to the wheaton breed but just wanted advice on the age to start it off it is quite a sensible dog 4 its age so was thinkin about 6 or 7 months what do people think