Pigeon and crows

Can people tell me what they do with all the pigeons and crows they shoot at the end of there days shooting ..

Do they ?

Bring the home and Brest them ?"pigeons"

Put them around the fields for fox bate ?

Or do they bag them and give them to people they know??

Look forward to the replys

Can people tell me what they do with all the pigeons and crows they shoot at the end of there days shooting ..

Do they ?

Bring the home and Brest them ?"pigeons"

Put them around the fields for fox bate ?

Or do they bag them and give them to people they know??

Look forward to the replys

take them home freeze them, when freezer is full take em to game dealer along with fresh shot birds from the day before,oh and breast afew to eat.

i shot a few rabbits yesterday with my new shotgun and gave them to one of my mates dads to eat. i was just wondering will they have loads of shot left in them when he eats them? i shot them with a 32gram 5 1/2. i no this is probably an incredibly dull question but im new to shotguns.

cheers

Ya he will have some led i'n the meat but he will jst spit it out on the table lol , I went out last Friday evening on cut silage it was a bit too late i'n the evening to be honest but I put out 4 crow decoys and stood i'n a hedge and shot 8 crows I was happy for such small effort and had some fun..

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

i shot a few rabbits yesterday with my new shotgun and gave them to one of my mates dads to eat. i was just wondering will they have loads of shot left in them when he eats them? i shot them with a 32gram 5 1/2. i no this is probably an incredibly dull question but im new to shotguns.

cheers

Dude in Lebanon we shoot them with 36 gr num4. And sometimes we have to shoot them with 3 inch shells! :gunsmilie:

• 2 weeks later...

All the crows that I shoot get thrown in the hedge and the pigeons come home for tea. All the rabbits go to the ferrets unless they are 3/4 grown which will then be my dinner, me and my mate get a bbq going at dinner time and roast the bunny on that. Quite satifying :snack:

Eat/freeze the pigeons and give the crows to someone who has ferrets for food....

My ferrets wont eat crows, they will not eat any corvids.

I feed them mostly on feral pigeons woodies are too good to eat to waste them on ferrets

His eat them without a problem and I do agree a feral is a lot better than wasting a woody.