whippet on fox (preban)

Course they fecking can. The largest fox on record is something like 12 kilo. My whippet weighs just over 17 kilo. They both got teeth. So if the whippet has the bottle it'll kill it dead as dead can be. Which makes you realise a fecking 35 kilo plus b/x should do the job with stupid ease.

• Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right, first we're talking dogs not people so an example using a totally different species is a wee bit pointless, there are plenty of small things that can kill big things, i accept that.   In this

Still the same thl its always somebodys dog from years ago or my mate had a dog that can do this or i saw a dog do this or i heard it of somebody and they wouldnt lie its never yeah ive got a dog th

Yes but have the vets number on speed dial......

Posted Images

Course they fecking can. The largest fox on record is something like 12 kilo. My whippet weighs just over 17 kilo. They both got teeth. So if the whippet has the bottle it'll kill it dead as dead can be. Which makes you realise a fecking 35 kilo plus b/x should do the job with stupid ease.

i'd say that 12 kilo record has been well broken just not recorded mate i came across some big fcukers last season

Weight isn't everything, I seen plenty o fat b******s

got beaten up with skinny lads. Your example gives a 5kg difference - let's think about it the fox lives in the wild chasing, sleeping in toughest conditions. Most whippets either in warm kennels or in house and spoon fed by owners each day. 5kg's is f**k all!

got beaten up with skinny lads. Your example gives a 5kg difference - let's think about it the fox lives in the wild chasing, sleeping in toughest conditions. Most whippets either in warm kennels or in house and spoon fed by owners each day. 5kg's is f**k all!

Right, first we're talking dogs not people so an example using a totally different species is a wee bit pointless, there are plenty of small things that can kill big things, i accept that.

In this case though we're talking a dog and fox, which when it comes to being two different species they are actually in build and 'weaponry' etc are actually fairly evenly matched.

Now the question was not, could a spoon fed, house whippet who is pampered by and old lady, kill a fox?

It was could a whippet kill one?

Now i'd say probably not to the example you use, the same with a molly coddled poof of a 32 inch deerhound.

However what i'm saying is, a working whippet with the fire to take one on and not give in, has the size, weight and capacity to kill one without 'too much' fuss.

Now obviously it wouldnt be my first choice of foxing dog, but that also was not the question.

So aye i stick with what i say, it can definatly be done without banging the dog up 'too much'.

• Like 3

If a terrier can go down 5 6 ft and take 1 or 2 on in a dead end then there is no reason that a good size whippet cant take one above ground.IMO

a whippet would'nt have the same jaw power as most KILLING TERRIERS

:victory: :victory:

i'd say that 12 kilo record has been well broken just not recorded mate i came across some big fcukers last season

Yer mate i'm pretty sure it has, just couldnt find a higher value. But also not all foxes are monsters, so it evens out. :thumbs:

Right, first we're talking dogs not people so an example using a totally different species is a wee bit pointless, there are plenty of small things that can kill big things, i accept that.

In this case though we're talking a dog and fox, which when it comes to being two different species they are actually in build and 'weaponry' etc are actually fairly evenly matched.

Now the question was not, could a spoon fed, house whippet who is pampered by and old lady, kill a fox?

Now i'd say probably not to the example you use, the same with a molly coddled poof of a 32 inch deerhound.

However what i'm saying is, a working whippet with the fire to take one on and not give in, has the size, weight and capacity to kill one without 'too much' fuss.

Now obviously it wouldnt be my first choice of foxing dog, but that also was not the question.

So aye i stick with what i say, it can definatly be done without banging the dog up 'too much'.

:laugh: another classic

:laugh: another classic

And another joker who thinks that if they have not personally done it it's not possible. Plenty of folk, including plenty of folk on here have killed foxes with whippets and not one offs.

• Like 2

good old jai the voice of reason :D :D i hear what your saying mate but im sorry im not having it :no: a fox fighting for his life wont give up easily and i dont think there is any whippets out there to see the job through to the end single handed mate, they just aint bred for that kind of work :victory: