SMALLISH FIELDS

ALRIGHT FOLKS,JUST LOOKING FOR SOME THOUGHTS FROM THE FOLK WHO RUN ON SMALLER FIELDS.WERE I AM WE NEED SOMETHING THAT IS FAST ONTO THEM ,AND KEEP THEM IN THE SAME PARK.THERE IS THAT MANY OBSTACLES AND ROADS FOR US TO WORRY ABOUT.THE DOGS THAT IVE SEEN UP HERE THAT HAVE BEEN DOWN ON FENS,COULDNT DO IT UP HERE,THEY LOOKED REALLY GOOD AND GOT SOME RESULTS BUT ON THE WHOLE THEY NEEDED MORE SPACE AND TIME.NOW THE LAST THING IM DOING IS KNOCKING THESE DOGS ,THEY JUST DONT SUIT THE RUNNING UP HERE.WE KEEP SALUKI XGHOUND X WHIPPET WICH PRODUCE RESULTS FOR US.SO WHAT CROSSES DO YOU KEEP ,AND RUN ON SMALLER FIELDS.AND THE FIELDS WE RUN UP HERE ARE THE AMONGST THE BIGGEST FIELDS UP HERE.ATB

• Like 1

Guest dances

We run smalley fields and I use 2 bullxs that are 26.5 and 28, a deerhound cross that's 27, a whippet cross that's 23 and a bullx that gt whippet in him that's 24.5 and tbh they all cope with the small fields well. Including the big dogs.

ALRIGHT FOLKS,JUST LOOKING FOR SOME THOUGHTS FROM THE FOLK WHO RUN ON SMALLER FIELDS.WERE I AM WE NEED SOMETHING THAT IS FAST ONTO THEM ,AND KEEP THEM IN THE SAME PARK.THERE IS THAT MANY OBSTACLES AND ROADS FOR US TO WORRY ABOUT.THE DOGS THAT IVE SEEN UP HERE THAT HAVE BEEN DOWN ON FENS,COULDNT DO IT UP HERE,THEY LOOKED REALLY GOOD AND GOT SOME RESULTS BUT ON THE WHOLE THEY NEEDED MORE SPACE AND TIME.NOW THE LAST THING IM DOING IS KNOCKING THESE DOGS ,THEY JUST DONT SUIT THE RUNNING UP HERE.WE KEEP SALUKI XGHOUND X WHIPPET WICH PRODUCE RESULTS FOR US.SO WHAT CROSSES DO YOU KEEP ,AND RUN ON SMALLER FIELDS.AND THE FIELDS WE RUN UP HERE ARE THE AMONGST THE BIGGEST FIELDS UP HERE.ATB

you have answered it your self mate :thumbs: fast type dog does the job :thumbs:
  • Like 1

well i run fen once a week and local twice a week however my firstx is to old for local land now but have found the right fen bred stuff can still kill on small land if they good enough should be able to do there job regardless buddy bred stuff can kill anywhere

well i run fen once a week and local twice a week however my firstx is to old for local land now but have found the right fen bred stuff can still kill on small land if they good enough should be able to do there job regardless buddy bred stuff can kill anywhere

few and far between the type of dog,s that can do both would be good to see also you would think if you done local twice a week a good dog/dogs would empty it? :thumbs::icon_eek:

IMO It does not matter if the dog is bred for the fens ie lots of saluki blood or not, if you run the dog often enough on small fields the dog will get used to having to go in for the strike more often otherwise it will keep losing what it is in pursuit of. Some of them are clever animals (not all of course).

Starting such dogs on these fields rather than switching from fens to small land would probably produce better results though I reckon.

• Like 1