Webley Hurricane

My friend gave me his old Webley Hurricane, it's a bit tatty, but i've given it a good clean and it's looking alright. Trouble is i don't know what ammunition to buy, it's says 22 - 5.6 Cal on the barrel, can anyone recommend what i should be looking for ie. suitable pellets and some friendly helpful shops whom i could give my hard earned cash to?

The only pistol i ever had was a very inaccurate GatGun, i've never shot air pistols and know nothing about this model, other than there was also a Webley Tempest. Can anyone fill me in with any background info or personal opinions, what it is and isn't good for, does it have enough power for hunting, if so, what sort of ranges etc

Much appreciated people

Cheers

Hi, mate.

Forget hunting with it unless you're talking small rats or mice at very short range and the gun's tip top and you're a very good shot with it.

They were a very good pistol back in the day, I had one when I was a lad and loved it. Small, compact, fairly pokey for a pistol and reasonably accurate :thumbs:

As for pellets, Eley Wasp 5.6 used to be the buisiness from the old British barrels but thier quality's gone south in recent years :thumbdown: RWS Superdomes or Superfields would be my second choice though.

You've a very good plinker and target practice pistol with your Hurricane, mate but that's all it is. If you want to hunt with an airgun, you need a decent rifle and plenty of practice.

Cheers :thumbs: