Any updates

Well, it's not been mentioned for some time so I'm unsure what the concensus is. The Deben was thought to need improvement and the Bellman and Flint was thought to be good but not many had them. Anyone else using the B&F now or any updates on what Deben's doing with the new collar?

Guest Corkonian

GERONIMO: The new Deben ones don't pick up any interference at all off the fencer wire - which is everywhere around my area.

It's just the collars are rubbish.

One of the terrier lads with a local fox hound pack says he used the B and F box and collar and they're well worth the money - must ask him about the fencers though

have been useing the mk2 all season and dug spot on to the terriers ,only thing is that when they are full of mud you cant hear the beeps,and no interference when digging around fences,takes a bit of getting used to ,carregs going to buy me the bellman & flint one :p :11: :11:

Guest Corkonian

It's just the collars are rubbish.

rubbish collars strikes me as more than a small problem <_<

I never said it was a small problem :blink:

Hence me looking at threads about the B AND F Kit.

Cooper: The lads that I know with the new set have some fairly tidy fox dogs and they said the size of the collar wasn't that much of a problem after all. They had no trouble yet anyway.

Guest Corkonian

Since the B AND F system is based on the Pieps avalanche gear I presume that all the transmitters and receivers opperate on the same frequency? You couldn't have a guy stuck uder snow and not be able to find him cause your receiver was a different brand.

So a quick search on the net brought up some supposidly better and cheaper receivers that opperate at 457khz. This one seems especially well thought of:

http://www.basegear.com/sosfindf1nd.html

At 132 sterling it's a fair bit cheaper than the Pieps one £220.00. Plus it has a 90 meter range - that's not saying the collar will transmit 90 but the Pieps is limited to 60.

Anyone know more about this stuff?

The frequency is the same but the Pieps has three antenna being newer technology while the others have only two. It allows the dog to be triangulated more quickly. Cooper, buy the receiver in the states- it's less money. Just buy the collar for about $130 and hit REI or e-bay.

Guest baldie

Dont own one myself, but was talking to a mate the other night, who is a huntsman,[ no names, no pack drill] he,s digging 4 or 5 times a week, and he rates the bellman set as being brilliant. He recons its virtually impossible to lose a dog with one on.

i would not worry about the size of the transmitter on the collar.If the dogs neck + collar are going to get stuck there is no way its chest was going to get through.Any way if it did get stuck,you will be able to find it :clapper:

• 1 month later...